‘A complete travesty of justice’: Trump leads outrage after five-time deported illegal immigrant at center of ‘sanctuary city’ debate is found NOT GUILTY of murdering 32-year-old woman on San Francisco pier
- Jose Ines Garcia Zarate has been found not guilty of second-degree murder
- Garcia Zarate admitted last week to shooting 32-year-old Kate Steinle
- But he said he was holding gun on San Francisco pier when it accidentally fired
- Garcia Zarate is a Mexican illegal immigrant who has been deported five times
- He is facing between 16 months and three years in prison and will be deported
- Donald Trump said the verdict is ‘a complete travesty of justice’ and that it’s ‘no wonder’ people are ‘so angry with Illegal Immigration’
- President said Zarate came across the ‘weakly protected Obama border’ again and again, and called for the construction of his promised border wall
- Donald Trump Jr. called the decision a ‘disgrace’ and said he hopes it’s a ‘wake call up’ [sic] to the rest of the country
- Steinle’s father Jim said the family is ‘saddened and shocked by the verdict
- But her brother Brad said he wasn’t shocked because of the ‘epic failure’ that saw Garcia Zarate on the streets with a gun
President Donald Trump is leading the outrage after a Mexican illegal immigrant who admitted shooting and killing Kate Steinle while she was walking with her father on a San Francisco pier was found not guilty of second-degree murder.
Trump tweeted Friday morning that the verdict was ‘a complete travesty of justice’ and linked the result to what he called America’s ”weakly protected Obama border’ – and issued a new demand that the U.S. wall off Mexico from the United States.
He also took issue with the amount of information that was raised in court.
‘The jury was not told the killer of Kate was a 7 time felon. The Schumer/Pelosi Democrats are so weak on Crime that they will pay a big price in the 2018 and 2020 Elections,’ Trump tweeted.
He also said Zarate was ‘always committing crimes and being violent, and yet this info was not used in court.’
The president tweeted late Thursday night that the jury delivered ‘[a] disgraceful verdict in the Kate Steinle case! No wonder the people of our Country are so angry with Illegal Immigration.’