The Hollywood Walk of Fame has never removed a star once it has been approved and set in cement.
Despite scandals new and old — the walk began in the 1950s — it’s never happened.
But now the powers that be want to jackhammer President Trump’s star out of the ground (even though a vandal completely destroyed Trump’s star with a pickaxe last month).
The city of West Hollywood on Monday voted to remove the star. They don’t have the final say, so their proposal has been sent to the mayor and city council of Los Angeles who, along with the chamber of commerce, will decide.
West Hollywood officials cited “treatment of women” for the removal of Trump’s star. “Similar to how certain members of the entertainment community have been removed from the Academy of Motion Pictures, due to their actions toward women, reflecting a stance on their values by the Academy, this is an opportunity for decision-makers to take a stand on their values in support of women and against disturbing treatment of women,” the West Hollywood City Council said ahead of the vote.
“The members also noted Trump’s policies, including a decision to withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement, a ban on transgender military officers and the separation of families at the U.S. border with Mexico, among reasons for the removal,” ABC News reported.
But guess who still has a star on the Walk of Fame?
Actor Kevin Spacey for one — in fact, it’s right next to Trump’s. Spacey fell from the stars last year after repeated allegations emerged that he acted in a sexually predatory manner toward men — sometimes underage. Anthony Rapp, an actor on “Star Trek: Discovery,” told BuzzFeed that Spacey made sexual advances in 1986, when he was just 14. In all, 15 men came forward.
Bill Cosby also still has a star on the Walk of Fame. In April, the comedian was found guilty on three charges of aggravated indecent assault for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand at his home in a Philadelphia suburb in 2004. There was a move to remove Cosby’s star back in 2015, but Hollywood Chamber of Commerce CEO Leron Gubler refused, saying, “Once a star has been added to the Walk, it is considered a part of the historic fabric of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Because of this, we have never removed a star from the Walk.”
Arnold Schwarzenegger still has one. “In 2003, six women came out alleging that Schwarzenegger had groped them in incidents dating back to 1975,” LA Weekly reports. He also secretly fathered a child with the family housekeeper. Schwarzenegger has denied the groping allegations.