From the UK Independent:
The Israel Defence Force previously claimed that at least 40 babies were killed in the Kfar Aza kibbutz over the weekend when the Hamas militant group launched an attack on Israel.
The army later clarified to Anadolu news agency that there was “no information confirming” allegations that “Hamas beheaded babies”.
Speaking at a roundtable of Jewish community leaders in Washington, Mr Biden said: “I never really thought that I would see, have confirmed pictures of terrorists beheading children.”
But later, in a clarification issued to The Washington Post, the White House said that the president or US officials had not seen pictures or confirmed such reports independently.
President Biden based his comments about the alleged beheading on the claims from Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s spokesperson and media reports, it added.
Mr Biden earlier in the day said he had spoken to Mr Netanyahu again, their fourth conversation in recent days, and told him Israel should follow the rules of war in its response against Hamas.
The death toll in Gaza has risen to 1,200, with around 5,600 wounded, Palestinian media reported, citing Gaza’s health ministry.
Israeli jets have pounded Gaza City for days in retaliation against the weekend attack by Hamas militants who rampaged through towns and villages, killing 1,200 people and taking scores of hostages, including foreign nationals.
Some 340,000 of Gaza’s 2.3 million population have been displaced due to the war, and around 65 per cent of them have sought safety at shelters or schools, according to the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in the enclave.
From National File:
JUST IN: Israeli soldiers have found the bodies of dozens of babies with their heads cut off by Hamas.
Reporter Nicole Zedek was on the ground in Israel as she became emotional when sharing the news.
“I'm talking to some of the soldiers and they say what they've witnessed as… pic.twitter.com/zBS2fFhSk7
— Collin Rugg (@CollinRugg) October 10, 2023
A press contact with the Israeli Defense Forces reportedly told the Turkish news agency Anadolu that the Israeli military has no evidence confirming viral reports that Hamas radicals beheaded babies during their deadly, unprecedented attacks inside Israel.
Though claims that Hamas fighters beheaded dozens of Israeli babies have gone viral on social media and have been taken up by government and media figures worldwide, particularly in the United States, Turkish publication Anadolu reports that “the Israeli army has no information confirming allegations that ‘Hamas beheaded babies’.”
Rumors that Hamas beheaded Israeli babies come after the Palestinian militants raided Israeli settlements and even a rave, killing civilians and taking hostages. The rumors also come as both sides are trading large-scale strikes with a massive effect on civilian populations.
As of Tuesday afternoon East Coast time, more than 1,300 people have been confirmed dead, with Israel having lost an estimated 800 people, including a large proportion of civilians, and the Palestinians having lost an estimated 500.
The latter figure though is almost certain to rise, as Israel carries out massive air strikes against the Gaza Strip, where Hamas militants operate among an extremely dense population of civilians.
As reported by National File, Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant has announced a “complete siege” of the Hamas-dominated Gaza Strip, cutting off food, water, fuel, and electricity to the region that’s home to an estimated 2 million Palestinians.