A 16-year-old has been charged over a string of acid attacks in London, police have said.
The teenager was charged with 15 offences, including one count of possession of an item to discharge a noxious substance, three counts of robbery and one count of GBH with intent.
The five attacks took place in the north and east of the capital in the space of 90 minutes on Thursday night, leaving one victim with “life-changing” injuries.
A 15-year-old boy has been released on bail until a date in early August after he was arrested at an address in Stoke Newington in north London on Friday morning on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and robbery.
Also faced by the older teenager are four counts of attempted robbery, five counts of attempted GBH with intent and one count of handling stolen goods.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear before Stratford Youth Court on 17 July.
All five of the victims were riding mopeds at the time of the attacks and required hospital treatment after they were doused with the chemical.
Jabed Duzzahuru, a takeaway delivery driver, was among them and is said to have been permanently scarred by the attack on his way home from work, according to the food delivery firm.
The 32-year-old, who is president of a group which represents more than 2,500 delivery drivers from companies, including Deliveroo and UberEats, was making a food delivery order to a customer when the attackers struck.
Residents living in close vicinity to the incidents, which took place in Hackney, Shoreditch, Stoke Newington and Islington, said they were alarmed by the attacks and called for action to be taken to prevent them in future.
Since 2010, there have been more than 1,800 reports of attacks using corrosive substances in London, according to the Metropolitan Police.
The number of acid attacks in the capital have increased from 261 in 2015 to 458 last year.