On Wednesday, July 21, the Senate will take an initial vote on the the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill, numbered H.R. 3684. The Senate will also soon vote on an extreme-left partisan “infrastructure” bill that will cost at least $3.5 trillion — this bill will be voted on under the Senate’s “reconciliation” procedure, bypassing the filibuster. “Moderate” Senator Joe Manchin, favors both bills. Tell your representative and senators to put an end to these destructive bills!
Joe Biden, his administration, and congressional Democrats are seeking to pass a radical “climate change” bill — disguised as an “infrastructure” bill — that would codify the Paris climate agreement and the Great Reset.
The Left is attempting to cram as many of their extremist proposals as possible. Here is some of what their partisan $3.5 trillion “infrastructure” reconciliation bill will include:
- A mass amnesty of up to 10 million illegal aliens (endorsed by “moderate” Senator Joe Manchin).
- By 2030, mandate a 50% reduction in carbon emissions, along with 80% “clean” energy.
- Multiple other “climate change” provisions, including tax incentives, a “Civilian Climate Corps,” weatherizing and electrifying buildings, and other measures to rig the U.S. economy in favor of “green” energy.
- A “carbon tariff” that will essentially sanction countries that don’t conform to the “green” agenda.
- A major expansion of Medicare, possibly including lowering the eligibility age.
- Universal pre-K, which is part of the Left’s plan to subvert the family.
- The blatantly unconstitutional and globalist PRO Act, which is a partisan giveaway to labor unions that will further integrate the U.S. into trade agreements like the USMCA.
- A significant funding increase for the IRS to enable it to take even more of Americans’ incomes than it already does.
It should be noted that despite being advertised as being $3.5 trillion, the partisan “reconciliation” bill could actually cost up to $5.5 trillion.
Meanwhile, the $1.2 trillion bipartisan plan (H.R. 3684) will, among other provisions, include $49 billion for public transportation, $15 billion altogether for electric transportation, $65 billion for broadband, $21 billion for “environmental remediation,” and $47 billion for “resilience.” Additionally, H.R. 3684 will “modernize” the power grid to accommodate “green” energy.
Biden’s so-called “American Jobs Plan” is the basis for the two plans working their way through Congress. While advertised as an “infrastructure” plan, only 5% of the funds would actually go to roads and bridges, and even if one takes an expansive view of “infrastructure,” only 25% of the plan would fund such projects.
Where will the remaining 75% of the funds go? They will be used to advance a far-left environmental-Marxist agenda that would codify the Paris climate agreement and the Great Reset into U.S. federal law.
If you want the United States to act at a national level to fight climate change, this bill is it. This is the climate bill.
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer made a similar statement:
I will not pass an infrastructure package that first doesn’t reduce carbon pollution at the scale commensurate with the climate crisis. We are gonna have a strong, bold climate bill.