Summary (of the nine discussion topics):
1. COVID Response – Pence won – a body-blow slamming Kamala on vaccines: “stop playing politics with people’s lives.”
2. Health Of Candidates – Tie – neither candidate answered but if we had to pick, Pence shaded it as Kamala discussed herself.
3. The Economy – Pence won – the vice-president crushed Harris on Biden taxes (briefly silencing her over Trump tax cut repeal).
4. Climate Change – Pence won – perhaps surprisingly but Harris was unable to recover from being cornered on her sponsorship of the Green New Deal
5. China – Pence won – Harris facts all over the place and Pence closed with Biden’s “cheerleading” for China.
6. Foreign Relations – Tie – both candidates parried each other’s running mate’s performance
7. The Supreme Court – Pence won – Harris refused to answer the question of packing the court and Pence was frank about being “pro-life.”
8. Racial Justice – Pence won – again rather stunningly, Pence crushed Harris on misleading quotes and soundbites
9. Transfer Of Power – Pence won – while Harris went “vote now”, Pence reminded the audience that Harris party spent the last four years trying to overturn the previous election