CA: Placer County Leaders Terminate the COVID-19 Health Emergency. County Head of Public Health Resigns.

Youtube
image_pdfimage_print
California: The Placer County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to terminate the local health emergency they passed regarding COVID-19 on March 3, prompting Dr. Aimee Sisson, the Public Health Officer and Public Health Director for Placer County, to resign her post. Two other California counties, Kern and Riverside, rescinded their emergency declarations earlier in the pandemic. In the resolution, county supervisors wrote that most deaths are “not by COVID but with COVID,” arguing that California is exaggerating the death toll of the virus by including people with underlying health complications.

The state still has Placer listed in the “substantial” tier, which is the second most risky category after “widespread.” Over the past seven days the county has reported 5.6 new cases per 100,000 residents. It would need to lower that to less than 4 cases per 100,000 to move into the next tier.

Dr. Aimee Sisson, Public Health Officer and Public Health Director for Placer County, said Wednesday that she will leave her post later this month.

The announcement comes shortly after the Placer County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to terminate the local health emergency they passed regarding COVID-19 on March 3.

“The circumstances that led to proclaiming the original emergency no longer exist,” the county wrote in a comment on their YouTube channel.

Other California counties, including Kern and Riverside, rescinded their emergency declarations earlier in the pandemic.

“We cannot continue to keep our community shut down for some unknown amount of time as determined by the ever-changing metrics according to the Governor,” Placer county wrote in a press release. “Health emergency declarations are obligated to be terminated at the earliest possible date that the conditions warrant and, based on the number of COVID-19 cases in our county, there is no longer a health emergency with regards to COVID-19 in Placer County.”

In the resolution, county supervisors wrote that most deaths are “not by COVID but with COVID,” arguing that California is exaggerating the death toll of the virus by including people with underlying health complications. Health experts refuted a similar claim made by President Donald Trump earlier this month, stating that even when someone has a preexisting condition, COVID-19 is still the cause of death.

As of Wednesday the county had reported 3,238 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 36 deaths.

The state still has Placer listed in the “substantial” tier, which is the second most risky category after “widespread.” Over the past seven days the county has reported 5.6 new cases per 100,000 residents. It would need to lower that to less than 4 cases per 100,000 to move into the next tier.

Placer County moved down into the substantial tier on Tuesday when the California Department of Public Health allowed the county to relax restrictions under the state’s COVID-19 reopening plan. Placer and several other counties now have more flexibility regarding what businesses can operate indoors. The county said in the press release that residents should still continue to practice safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Sisson said the board’s choice to terminate the emergency spurred her to resign.

“Today’s action by the Placer County Board of Supervisors made it clear that I can no longer effectively serve in my role as Placer County Health Officer and Public Health Director,” Sisson wrote in her letter of resignation.

Several county health officers have left their positions in recent months, and experts suspect the pressure of navigating the COVID-19 crisis played into those decisions. In some areas, county health officers are facing pressure from the public to reopen the economy more quickly.

Read full article here…

Visit our Classified ads.

Check out our Classified ads at the bottom of this page.

Recent stories & commentary

Freedom

Anti-Lockdown Protests Across Europe

November 24, 2020 Off-Guardian 0

The “second wave” of the “pandemic” is the excuse for Draconian lockdown measures, economic destitution, and sweeping police powers. Police turned water cannons as tens of thousands of people protested in Berlin against lockdowns. Meanwhile, the media either demonizes anti-lockdown protesters or ignores them altogether.

Classifieds

For classified advertising rates and terms, click here. The appearance of ads on this site does not signify endorsement by the publisher. We do not attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made therein or vouch for the integrity of advertisers. However, we will investigate complaints from readers and remove any message we find to be misleading or that promotes anything fraudulent, illegal, or unethical.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
3 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Jim
Jim
2 months ago

CA: HEROIC Placer County Leaders Terminate the FAKE PLANDEMIC* COVID-19 Health Emergency. GLOBALIST PSEUDOSCIENCE SELLOUT County Head of Public Health Resigns.
Now, that’s progress!
*(see: Event 201 of 2019 / 2010 Rockefeller Lockstep plan document)

Paul
Paul
2 months ago

Good riddance, Dr. Sisson. This is encouraging news, but everyone here in Placer Co. is still required to wear masks in grocery stores, businesses, etc. It is good that businesses may be able to operate indoors soon, but people in Placer County are more than the businesses. We are citizens who wish to live our lives un-muzzled and without fear. End the restrictions.

Brooks
Brooks
2 months ago
Reply to  Paul

Don’t wear it