UK: Police Record 120,000 ‘Non-Crime’ Hate Incidents in Background Check Database that May Stop the Accused from Getting Jobs
UK: Hate Crime Operational Guidelines for police require they file a record of a ‘hate incident’ which is any action perceived to be motivated by hostility towards religion, race or transgender identity, even if there is no evidence of hate. Despite police admitting that such incidents are not crimes, the incidents are still logged on a system and can show up during a background check when applying for work, and could prevent the accused from getting jobs; nearly 120,000 ‘hate incidents’ have been recorded. The blacklisting policy is reminiscent of China’s social credit system.
Police have recorded nearly 120,000 “non-crime” hate incidents and may have stopped those accused from getting jobs, the Telegraph can disclose.
A High Court judge ruled on Friday the Hate Crime Operational Guidelines, which informs police work nationally, had been unlawfully used to interfere with a man’s freedom of speech.
The guidelines, rolled out six years ago by the College of Policing, state that any action perceived to be motivated by hostility towards religion, race or transgender identity must be recorded “irrespective of whether there is any evidence to identify the hate element”.
Despite police accepting that such incidents are not crimes, they are still logged on a system and can even show up during a DBS check when applying for work….
UK: High Court Rules Against Police Investigation into Man’s Tweets about Transgenderism
UK: The High Court ruled that it was unlawful when police visited Henry Miller at his work place, and later spoke with him on the phone and implied that he could be prosecuted for his tweets about transgenderism. Miller was told he had not committed a crime, but it would be recorded as a non-crime “hate incident”. The court found the actions of the police were a “disproportionate interference” with Miller’s right to freedom of expression. While this was a victory for free speech, the court did reject Miller’s wider challenge against the lawfulness of College of Policing guidelines on hate crimes that allows investigation and recording of any incident that is perceived to be hostile or prejudice against a transgender person. Permission has been granted for Miller’s complaint against the policing guidelines to go straight to the Supreme Court.
The police response to an ex-officer’s allegedly transphobic tweets was unlawful, the High Court has ruled.
He was told he had not committed a crime, but it would be recorded as a non-crime “hate incident”.
The court found the force’s actions were a “disproportionate interference” with his right to freedom of expression.
Officers visited Mr Miller’s workplace and then spoke with him on the phone, and he was left with the impression “that he might be prosecuted if he continued to tweet”, according to a judge.
Speaking after the ruling, Mr Miller, from Lincolnshire, said: “This is a watershed moment for liberty – the police were wrong to visit my workplace, wrong to ‘check my thinking’.”
His solicitor Paul Conrathe added: “It is a strong warning to local police forces not to interfere with people’s free speech rights on matters of significant controversy.”
Mr Justice Julian Knowles said the effect of police turning up at Mr Miller’s place of work “because of his political opinions must not be underestimated”.
He added: “To do so would be to undervalue a cardinal democratic freedom.
“In this country we have never had a Cheka, a Gestapo or a Stasi. We have never lived in an Orwellian society.”
Responding to the ruling, Helen Belcher, who co-founded Trans Media Watch, said: “I think trans people will be worried it could become open season on us because the court didn’t really define what the threshold for acceptable speech was.
“I think it will reinforce an opinion that courts don’t understand trans lives and aren’t there to protect trans people.”
Mr Miller, 54, also launched a wider challenge against the lawfulness of College of Policing guidelines on hate crimes, which was rejected.
Mr Justice Knowles ruled they “serve legitimate purposes and [are] not disproportionate”.
The guidelines define a hate incident as “any non-crime incident which is perceived, by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by a hostility or prejudice against a person who is transgender or perceived to be transgender”.
Mr Miller posted a number of tweets between November 2018 and January 2019 about transgender issues as part of the debate about reforming the Gender Recognition Act 2004.
In one tweet Mr Miller wrote: “I was assigned mammal at birth, but my orientation is fish. Don’t mis-species me.”
This tweet was among several others which were reported to Humberside Police as being allegedly transphobic.
Mr Miller’s barrister, Ian Wise QC, argued the force’s response had sought to “dissuade him from expressing himself on such issues in the future” and had a “substantial chilling effect” on his right to free speech.
Mr Justice Knowles said Mr Miller “strongly denies being prejudiced against transgender people” and had regarded himself as a participant in a public debate.
He said only one person, known in court as Mrs B, had complained about the tweets and they had been recorded as a hate incident “without any critical scrutiny…or any assessment of whether what she was saying was accurate”.
The judge said: “The claimants’ tweets were lawful and there was not the slightest risk that he would commit a criminal offence by continuing to tweet.
“I find the combination of the police visiting the claimant’s place of work, and their subsequent statements in relation to the possibility of prosecution, were a disproportionate interference with the claimant’s right to freedom of expression because of their potential chilling effect.”
Lancet Study of Coronavirus Patients Shows that All Had Pneumonia, and that 2019-nCoV Is No More Dangerous than Pneumonia
The Lancet published a study about a pneumonia associated with 99 patients that had confirmed cases of 2019-nCoV in Wuhan Jinyintan Hospital from Jan 1 to Jan 20, 2020. At the end of the study, 31% of the patients had been discharged from the hospital, while 11 patients died, and the rest remained in the hospital. According to chest x-rays and CT scans, 75% of patients showed bilateral pneumonia, with the other 25% patients showing pneumonia in one lung. The study stated, “In general, the characteristics of patients who died were in line with the early warning model for predicting mortality in viral pneumonia in our previous study: the MuLBSTA score.” It appears that the new 2019-nCoV coronavirus is no more dangerous than common viral pneumonia that was found in each of the patients studied.
Jon Rappoport Says China Coronavirus Hype Straight Out of the CDC Flu Playbook
Investigative journalist Jon Rappoport says that the US Center for Disease Control, which claims the flu kills 36,000 Americans per year, lies about the actual number of flu deaths by combining both flu and pneumonia deaths, while failing to properly test for the influenza virus. Peter Doshi, an associate editor at The British Medical Journal (BMJ), analyzed CDC statistics and wrote, “influenza and pneumonia’ took 62,034 lives in 2001—61,777 of which were attributable to pneumonia and 257 to flu, and in only 18 cases was the flu virus positively identified.” Rappoport says that China is now committing similar deception by failing to properly test patients for the coronavirus, and, when chest scans show pneumonia, patients are diagnosed with coronavirus.
In today’s episode of Numbskulls and Deceivers in Medical Science, I ask the question: Are Chinese researchers copying an old CDC scam, or have they independently come up with their own lies which happen to mirror CDC hype?
In my series on the China epidemic (archive here), I’ve pointed out that pneumonia—the key indicator of the “coronavirus”—can be caused by many other factors:
And Chinese authorities no longer require direct testing for the coronavirus. Instead, CT scans of the chest are employed. If these scans show signs of pneumonia, the “coronavirus epidemic” label is absurdly applied to the patient.
I’ve also pointed out that, historically, pneumonia has been a major disease in China. Long before “the emergence of the new human coronavirus,” people in China have been dying of pneumonia at the rate of about 300,000 a year. Now those people, passing away from the disease in 2020, can be falsely called “deadly epidemic cases.” How convenient.
Well, it turns out the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has been running its own pneumonia scam for a long time.
Some years ago, when I was writing about the flu, I received emails from Peter Doshi and Martin Maloney. They fed me data from the CDC’s own charts detailing flu deaths in the US. And they pointed out the lies.
Doshi went on to write an analysis for the journal BMJ Online (December 2005). Here is a key quote from his report:
“[According to CDC statistics], ‘influenza and pneumonia’ took 62,034 lives in 2001—61,777 of which were attributable to pneumonia and 257 to flu, and in only 18 cases was the flu virus positively identified.”
You might want to chew on that sentence for a while.
You see, the CDC has created one overall category that combines both flu and pneumonia deaths. THEY CALL THIS CATEGORY “FLU.” Why do they do this? Why do they deceptively assert the pneumonia deaths are complications stemming from the flu? Because they want to sell doctors and the public on the “dangers of the flu.”
Pneumonia has a number of non-flu causes.
But even worse, in all the 2001 flu and pneumonia deaths, only 18 revealed the presence of an influenza virus.
Therefore, the CDC couldn’t truthfully say that more than 18 people died of influenza in 2001. Not 36,000 deaths, the old CDC PR statistic. 18 deaths.
Doshi continued his assessment of published CDC flu-death statistics: “Between 1979 and 2001, [CDC] data show an average of 1348 [flu] deaths per year (range 257 to 3006).” These figures refer to flu separated out from pneumonia.
This low death toll would drop MUCH lower, if you added the need to confirm the presence of a flu virus in those cases.
Clearly, the CDC combines flu and pneumonia in one category, and calls it “flu,” in order to lie about the number of flu deaths in the US, and thus push the flu vaccine.
So we have two fake hustles, years apart, in the US and China, both based on the deceptive use of pneumonia.
Harvey Weinstein Found ‘Guilty’ on Charges of Criminal Sex Act Involving Assault and Third Degree Rape
Harvey Weinstein was found guilty on several charges including assaulting production assistant Mimi Haleyi and third-degree rape of a woman in 2013; he could be sentenced up to 25 years in prison. More than 90 women, including famous actresses, accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct, assault and rape. Weinstein was arrested in May 2018 following a series of articles by Ronan Farrow. In addition to his sexual crimes, Weinstein hired Kroll and Black Cube, an Israeli spy agency staffed by former Mossad agents, and allegedly tried to silence and intimidate his accusers and journalists from exposing his misdeeds. The Weinstein Co. went bankrupt. A tentative settlement awarding $25 million to Weinstein’s alleged victims has been reached to resolve nearly all lawsuits stemming from the scandal. However, Weinstein would not have to admit any wrongdoing or personally pay anything as the studio’s insurance companies would cover the cost.
Following the verdict, Weinstein was taken to Bellevue Hospital, complaining of chest pains.
Weinstein will be sentenced in New York on March 11, and then he will face a new trial in Los Angeles for allegations of raping one woman and sexually assaulting another in separate incidents in February 2013.
Harvey Weinstein was convicted Monday at his sexual assault trial, sealing his dizzying fall from powerful Hollywood studio boss to archvillain of the #MeToo movement.
He was found guilty of criminal sex act for assaulting production assistant Mimi Haleyi at his apartment in 2006 and third-degree rape of a woman in 2013. The jury found him not guilty on the most serious charge, predatory sexual assault, that could have resulted in a life sentence.
The verdict followed weeks of often harrowing and excruciatingly graphic testimony from a string of accusers who told of rapes, forced oral sex, groping, masturbation, lewd propositions and that’s-Hollywood excuses from Weinstein about how the casting couch works.
The conviction was seen as a long-overdue reckoning for Weinstein after years of whispers about his behavior turned into a torrent of accusations in 2017 that destroyed his career and gave rise to #MeToo, the global movement to encourage women to come forward and hold powerful men accountable for their sexual misconduct.
The jury of seven men and five women took five days to find him guilty.
The case against the once-feared producer was essentially built on three allegations: that he raped an aspiring actress in a New York City hotel room in 2013, that he forcibly performed oral sex on Haleyi and that he raped and forcibly performed oral sex on “Sopranos” actress Annabella Sciorra in her apartment in the mid-1990s.
Three additional women who said they, too, were attacked by Weinstein also testified as part of an effort by prosecutors to show a pattern of brutish behavior on his part.
The Associated Press does not typically identify people who say they are victims of sex crimes unless they grant permission, as Haleyi and Sciorra did.
Jurors signaled their struggles with the Sciorra charges four days into deliberations. On Friday, after reviewing sections of her testimony and related evidence, they sent a note to the judge indicating they were deadlocked on the counts but had reached a unanimous verdict on the others. After some debate in the courtroom, the judge ordered jurors to keep deliberating.
While Weinstein did not testify, his lawyers contended that any sexual contact was consensual and that his accusers went to bed with him to advance their careers.
The defense seized on the fact that two of the women central to the case stayed in contact with Weinstein through warm and even flirty emails — and had sex with him — well after he supposedly attacked them.
The hard-charging and phenomenally successful movie executive helped bring to the screen such Oscar winners as “Good Will Hunting,” “Pulp Fiction,” “The King’s Speech” and “Shakespeare in Love” and nurtured the careers of celebrated filmmakers like Quentin Tarantino and Kevin Smith.
Weinstein now faces charges in Los Angeles. In that case, announced just as the New York trial was getting under way on Jan. 6, authorities allege Weinstein raped one woman and sexually assaulted another on back-to-back nights during Oscars week in 2013. One of those women testified as a supporting witness at the New York trial.
The trial was the first criminal case to arise from a barrage of allegations against Weinstein from more than 90 women, including actresses Gwyneth Paltrow, Salma Hayek and Uma Thurman. Most of those cases were too old to prosecute.
During the trial, Weinstein regularly trudged into the courthouse stooped and unshaven, using a walker after recently undergoing back surgery — a far cry from the way he was depicted in court as a burly, intimidating figure whose eyes seemed to turn black with menace when his anger flared.
Many of Weinstein’s accusers described him as a “Jekyll and Hyde” character who could be incredibly charming at first, making jokes and showing interest in using his immense power to help their careers.
But that was an act, they said, meant to gain their trust and get them to a place — often a hotel room or an apartment — where he could violate them.