Trump Claimed Iran Was Plotting Attacks On 4 US Embassies, But Defense Secretary Mark Esper Says He ‘Didn’t See’ Specific Evidence that Iran Planned to Strike
The Trump administration has yet to present clear evidence of a threat to justify the assassination of Iranian General Soleimani. Defense Secretary Mark Esper said he was never shown any specific piece of evidence that Iran was planning an attack on four American embassies, as President Trump had claimed just two days earlier. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo struggled to explain the threat to the US when he said, “There is no doubt that there were a series of imminent attacks that were being by plotted by Soleimani. We don’t know precisely when and we don’t know precisely where — but it was real.” National Security Advisor Robert O’Brien was asked Sunday by Chris Wallace why Trump was able to reveal alleged intelligence on Soleimani’s plots to Laura Ingraham but not Congress.
Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Sunday on Face The Nation that he “didn’t see” specific evidence showing Iran was planning to attack four U.S. embassies as President Trump claimed last week during an interview with Laura Ingraham.
From The New York Times, “Esper Says He Saw No Evidence Iran Targeted 4 Embassies, as Story Shifts Again”:
“They had to kill him because he was planning an “imminent” attack. But how imminent they could not say. Where they could not say. When they could not say. And really, it was more about what he had already done. Or actually it was to stop him from hitting an American embassy. Or four embassies. Or not.
For 10 days, President Trump and his team have struggled to describe the reasoning behind the decision to launch a drone strike against Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, the commander of Iran’s elite security forces, propelling the two nations to the brink of war. Officials agree they had intelligence indicating danger, but the public explanations have shifted by the day and sometimes by the hour.
On Sunday came the latest twist. Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper said he was never shown any specific piece of evidence that Iran was planning an attack on four American embassies, as Mr. Trump had claimed just two days earlier.
“I didn’t see one with regard to four embassies,” Mr. Esper said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.” But he added: “I share the president’s view that probably — my expectation was they were going to go after our embassies. The embassies are the most prominent display of American presence in a country.””
National Security Advisor Robert O’Brien was asked Sunday by Chris Wallace why Trump was able to reveal alleged intelligence on Soleimani’s plots to Laura Ingraham but not congress.
O’Brein said he’d “love” to show Americans their “very strong” intelligence but to do so would cause them to “lose that valuable stream of intelligence going forward.”
Former Federal Agent Blows the Whistle on Alleged Illegal Spy Ring Led by Rod Rosenstein Against Investigative Journalist and Other US Citizens
A former US government agent has admitted participating in the illegal government surveillance on then-CBS News investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson. She and her family have filed a lawsuit against former Deputy Attorney General and US Attorney Rod Rosenstein and four other men, for conducting illegal surveillance from 2011 to 2014 under a government operation based at the US Attorney’s office in Baltimore, Maryland. A forensic expert said that remote spies had access to Attkisson’s computer, files, photographs, internet activities, and could listen to her audio through Skype. Shawn Henry, one of the four men who Rosenstein reportedly ordered to spy on Attkisson, and other US citizens, left the FBI and now is president of CrowdStrike Services, a controversial cyber security company affiliated with the DNC. Attkisson wrote that government hackers report to Shawn Henry at Crowdstrike.
As a result of the new admission, Attkisson and her family are filing suit against Rosenstein and four other men allegedly involved. According to the lawsuit, the illegal surveillance was conducted against Attkisson and other U.S. citizens under a government operation based at the U.S. Attorney’s office in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Plaintiffs first acquired the details regarding key individuals involved in the surveillance in August, 2019, from a person involved in the wrongdoing who has come forward to provide information. Prior to that time, the Government and its agents and representatives had denied that any such conduct had occurred, including denials in Court pleadings and argument.
Attkisson v. Rosenstein, et. al.
The Attkisson lawsuit claims that in March 2011, Defendants Shawn Henry, Shaun Bridges, Robert Clarke, and Ryan White, all of whom were government employees connected to a special multi-agency federal government task force based in Baltimore, Maryland, were ordered by Defendant Rosenstein to conduct home computer surveillance on Attkisson and other U.S. citizens.
Shawn Henry was head of the FBI’s Washington Field Office. In 2012, Henry left the FBI and now is president of CrowdStrike Services, a company that seeks to mitigate targeted online attacks on corporate and government networks globally.
Shaun Bridges was as a Special Agent with the U.S. Secret Service for approximately six years, operating out of the Baltimore Field Office. Between 2012 and 2014, he was assigned to the Baltimore Silk Road Task Force, a multi-agency group investigating illegal activity on the Silk Road, a covert online marketplace for illicit goods, including drugs. In 2015 and 2017, Bridges was convicted of corruption related to his government work, and is now serving a prison sentence.
At the time Attkisson was targeted by the illegal surveillance, she was a CBS News investigative correspondent who was uncovering news about the Department of Justice’s “gun walking” operation known as Fast and Furious. Attkisson’s reporting of the case ultimately was recognized with an Edward R. Murrow award and an Emmy Award for investigative reporting.
Unauthorized, remote surveillance of Attkisson continued throughout her subsequent reporting on the Islamic extremist attacks on Americans in Benghazi, Libya on Sept. 11, 2012. That reporting was recognized with an investigative Emmy nomination. CBS News first confirmed the illegal computer intrusions in August 2013.
In another development, a former FBI Unit Chief has signed a sworn Affidavit confirming that forensics prove U.S. government software was used in illegal surveillance on Attkisson and her family.
Leslie Szwajkowski, an attorney, headed up the FBI’s Electronic Surveillance Technology Section. He says that a colleague asked him for help in examining Attkisson’s computer in late 2012. Szwajkowski says a forensics exam conducted by a technician with expertise in government surveillance tools confirmed that spyware proprietary to a federal agency was found in Attkisson’s computer. Szwajkowski says he and his colleagues were “shocked” and “outraged” to learn the government was spying on a journalist.
Project Veritas: Bernie Sanders Field Organizer, Kyle Jurek, Plans for ‘Re-Education’ Gulags to Help ‘Nazified’ Trump Supporters If Sanders Wins
James O’Keefe of Project Veritas published an undercover video featuring Bernie Sanders’ field organizer, Kyle Jurek, who claims that the only thing that “fascists”, who he describes as Trump supporters and “right wing people”, understand is violence. He said that cities will burn if Trump is re-elected.
Jurek said that Sanders’ promise of free education may be used to teach American people to not be Nazis. Jurek went on to claim that Milwaukee, host of this year’s Democrat National Convention, will “burn” if Sanders fails to win the party’s nomination. He is also against liberals who are not hard leftists and said that liberals will be shot against the wall first, and that liberals at MSNBC should be lit on fire.
Warning: Vulgar language
An organizer for the presidential campaign of Independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders appeared to say that cities will burn if President Donald Trump gets reelected, in a video released Tuesday by conservative activist James O’Keefe of Project Veritas.
The organizer, identified in the video as Kyle Jurek, also compared Trump’s America to Nazi Germany, and suggested that supporters of the president might need to be sent to reeducation camps.
“So, if Trump gets reelected, what?” a person off-screen asks Jurek in the video.
“F**king cities burn,” Jurek responds.
“Do you even think, that some of these, like MAGA people could be ‘reeducated’?” the other person asks.
“Any, we gotta try, so like, in Nazi Germany after the fall of the Nazi party, there was a sh** ton of the populace that was f**king Nazi-fied,” Jurek said. “Germany had to spend billions of dollars reeducating their f**king people.”
Jurek also seemed to allege that Sanders‘s proposal to make all public colleges tuition-free could be used in part to reeducate the portions of the populace. Read full article here…
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s ‘Threat of a No-Holds Barred Interview’ If They Don’t Get Their Way Stirs Fears They May Brand Royal Household ‘Sexist and Racist’
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made a surprise announcement last week that they plan to step down as ‘senior members’ of the Royal Family and will become financially independent. There is a threat that Meghan and Harry may give a ‘no-holds barred’ interview if they are left feeling hard done by, and palace aides fear that Meghan may brand the royal household “racist” and “sexist”, thereby further damaging the monarchy.
The Royal couple said they would no longer receiving funding through the Sovereign Grant that provides 5% of their income. It is unclear whether they will give up their other sources of funding. The pair receives 95% of their income from the Duchy of Cornwall, a private estate that is owned by the Duke of Cornwall – currently Prince Charles. The couple trademarked the Royal Sussex brand, applying it to dozens of items and services from pencil cases to sport activities and education training. Harry and Meghan plan to live in Canada, which will cost Canadian taxpayers $500,000 for security provided by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s ‘threat of a no-holds barred interview’: Couple’s confidante Tom Bradby says they could go public if they don’t get their way over Megxit – amid fears they would brand royal household ‘sexist and racist’
Tom Bradby said it is in interests of royal household to keep the Sussex’s on side
He believes Duke and Duchess could give damaging ‘no-holds barred’ interview
He said the couple find some Royal family members ‘jealous’ and ‘unfriendly’
It comes as officials hash out plan of Harry and Meghan’s new roles in monarchy
Journalist and close confidante of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Tom Bradby has warned that if the Royal couple are left feeling hard done by, they may give a ‘no-holds barred’ interview which would could further damage the monarchy.
Mr Bradby, who the Duke and Duchess of Sussex opened up to in an ITV interview in which Meghan admitted she was struggling with her new role, suggested it is in the interests of the royal household to keep the couple on-side.
It comes as officials hash out a plan of what Harry and Meghan’s new roles within the monarchy will look like, after their bombshell announcement earlier this week that they would step down as ‘senior members’ of the Royal Family.
Writing in the Sunday Times, Mr Bradby said: ‘I have some idea of what might be aired in a full, no-holes-barred sit down interview and I don’t think it would be pretty.’
Courtiers fear that Meghan would brand the royal household racist and sexist, according to the publication.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have made it clear they plan to carve out a more ‘progressive’ path for themselves within the royal family.
Bradby believes Harry is determined to ‘make the best’ of the situation they have found themselves in, and believe they are taking a positive step which could also pave the way for future generations including Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
The Queen has called for a solution that is workable not just for Harry and Meghan but could also apply to following generations.
And ahead of an unprecedented Family crisis summit at Sandringham on Monday:
ITV presenter and Sussex confidante Tom Bradby said the couple could give a ‘no-holds-barred’ interview that could further damage the Royal Family. Courtiers fear Meghan could brand the household racist;
Royal aides were poised to spell out the punitive taxes that could be inflicted on Harry and Meghan if they press ahead with their plans to quit;
A video from July emerged where Harry seemed to tell head of Disney Meghan is interested in doing voiceovers. She has since been given work with the company;
Prince Philip was said to be livid with the current crisis ravaging the Family;
A source rubbished speculation the Sussexes plan to settle down on Vancouver Island where they spent Christmas and instead touted Toronto or LA as potential cities;
It emerged Meghan sneaked back to Vancouver Island on a £134 budget flight;
It was revealed Meghan and Kate Middleton haven’t spoken in over six months after the sisters-in-law severed all communication on a family WhatsApp group
Reuters reported that negotiations between Buckingham Palace, Clarence House, Kensington Palace and the Sussex household has been progressing well;
Her Majesty was pictured stony-faced as she emerged from her Norfolk estate behind the wheel of her Land Rover for the second day running
Mr Bradby is considered a good friend to both Prince Harry and Meghan, as well as brother Prince William.
Writing in the Times, he added that the couple find members of the Royal Family, excluding the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, ‘jealous and, at times, unfriendly.’
He claimed that the foundations for the rift were laid at the time of their wedding in 2018.
‘Really damaging things were said and done. The atmosphere soured hard and early, but few meaningful attempts were made by anyone to heal the wounds,’ Mr Bradby wrote.
He said that William ‘did try’ to make amends with the Duke and Duchess but ‘for the moment, at least, things have gone too far to be retrieved.’
Tom Bradby’s ITV documentary ‘Harry & Meghan: An African Journey’ aired in October, during which Meghan revealed she was ‘existing not living’ while Harry spoke out about his struggles with mental health.