Accused Child Trafficking Gang Walks Free from Court in Romania

A Romanian court upheld the acquittals of a gang of 25 men who were accused of child-trafficking across Europe and were arrested in London in 2010. The case centered on the trafficking and exploitation of more than 160 children, in which the ringleaders were accused of forcing minors to beg and steal for the gang across Europe. Human rights groups are upset that all of the suspects have been definitively cleared of charges of child trafficking, laundering, creating a criminal group and violating the arms law.

Human rights groups have criticised the decision of a Romanian court to uphold the acquittals of a gang accused of child-trafficking across Europe.

The 25 men were arrested in London in 2010, but following an investigation lasting nearly a decade, they were formally acquitted earlier this year. An appeal court has upheld that decision, causing a torrent of criticism from child rights advocates.

The case centred on the trafficking and exploitation of more than 160 children, in which the ringleaders were accused of forcing minors to beg and steal for the gang across Europe.

All suspects have been definitively cleared of charges of child trafficking, laundering, creating a criminal group and violating the arms law, according to a court statement.

Human rights groups have criticised the decision of a Romanian court to uphold the acquittals of a gang accused of child-trafficking across Europe.

The 25 men were arrested in London in 2010, but following an investigation lasting nearly a decade, they were formally acquitted earlier this year. An appeal court has upheld that decision, causing a torrent of criticism from child rights advocates.

The case centred on the trafficking and exploitation of more than 160 children, in which the ringleaders were accused of forcing minors to beg and steal for the gang across Europe.

All suspects have been definitively cleared of charges of child trafficking, laundering, creating a criminal group and violating the arms law, according to a court statement.

Judges in denial?

A prosecutor expressed his surprise to AFP at the “denial of reality” of the judges, who did not justify their decision and transform the evidence into “fiction”.

In 2010, more than 300 British and Romanian police officers had carried out an investigation to dismantle an alleged network originating from a deprived town in Tandarei, southern Romania.

Read full article here…




Chicago: 13 People Shot at A House Party to Memorialize a Man Who Was Killed While Hijacking A Car

A shooting that wounded 13 people and left four in critical condition took place after midnight on Sunday morning during a dispute inside a house party honoring the memory of a man shot dead in April during an attempted carjacking. The first shots were fired in the house, and two people appeared to shoot “randomly” at fleeing guests. Marciano White, was arrested with bail set at $300,000. He said he hid in a closet during the shooting and then found a loaded firearm in the aftermath. White has a history of drug crimes and was charged with unlawful use of weapon by a felon and as an armed habitual criminal, which is a Class-X felony punishable by up to 30 years in prison.

When police responded to an Englewood row house where more than a dozen people were wounded when gunshots were fired during a memorial party early Sunday, they spotted Marciano White walking down the street clutching a black bag, a Cook County prosecutor said Monday.

Inside the bag, they found a .357-caliber pistol and several pay stubs belonging to White. He admitted he was at the party — but said he hid in a closet when he heard gunfire. In the chaos that followed, White said he emerged from the closet, spotted the pistol on a staircase, and grabbed it as he fled the house because he was worried about “the situation and the neighborhood.”

As of Monday, White was the only person arrested in connection with the shooting, though Assistant State’s Attorney James Murphy said at a bond hearing for White that investigators have yet to test whether the gun in White’s bag fired any of the shots that wounded a total of 13 people.

White, who has two prior convictions on drug offenses, was charged with possession of a firearm by a felon and as an armed habitual criminal, and was ordered held on $300,000 bail.

Read full article here…

Additional source:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-englewood-13-wounded-shooting-20191224-3wnp2xp6avad5mf63mx3n5cpc4-story.html




Senator Rand Paul Released His 2019 ‘Festivus’ Waste Report that Shows How the US Government Burned through $50-Billion on Scandalous Programs


Republican Senator Rand Paul has an annual tradition of revealing how much money the US government wastes in what he calls ‘Festivus airing of grievances.’ Senator Paul unleashed a tweetstorm linking to his waste report that accuses the US government of squandering over $50-billion dollars in 2019 on outrageous programs. Some of the spending included: $466,991 on studying frog mating calls in Panama, $1.2-million on the studying habits of online dating app users, tens of millions spent ‘green growth’ for Peru, $22-million spent on bringing Serbian cheese up to international standards, and more. Paul wrote, “These are only a few examples, but you get the idea. But we couldn’t possibly cut spending right? No waste here, no sir!”

Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) has an annual tradition of revealing how much money the US government wastes in what he calls ‘Festivus airing of grievances.’

Senator Paul unleashed a tweetstorm on Monday linking to his waste report that alleges the US government wasted over $50 billion dollars in 2019 on outrageous programs.

Below is just a handful of programs the government wastes millions of dollars on while our veterans battle homelessness and shoddy healthcare.

“That reminds me of some of my favorite waste report grievances – your government is terrible and you should really have a lot of problems how you spend it,” Rand Paul said revealing the US govt spent $466,991 on studying frog mating calls in Panama.

US govt spent more than $33 million on textbooks for students in Afghanistan while US teachers use their own money for supplies here.

Also, $1,200,000 on studying habits of online dating app users.

Read full article here…




Baltimore, Maryland: Mainstream Media Ignores Shooting that Injured 7 People Who Were Waiting in a Line at A Hookah Lounge

Seven people, including three teenagers, were shot outside a downtown hookah lounge on Sunday morning by two unidentified men. According to investigators, four people in a blue car parked near the lounge walked up on people waiting in line to get in and started firing. A top law enforcement official commented, “The criminals are just brazen. This guy gets out of a car with a rifle, not even a handgun, walks up the street and just opens fire on the line of people.” This shooting outside of the iVilla Hookah Lounge was part of a violent weekend that consisted of 10 incidents with 16 victims. There is a massive rise in violence after the 2015 riots. Since that time, police have been increasingly reluctant to confront criminals lest they be accused of police brutality or racism. GEG

Another violent weekend was capped off with seven people getting shot outside of the iVilla Hookah Lounge early Sunday morning.

According to Baltimore City police, officers responded to the 200 block of Park Avenue just after 2 a.m. for the reported shooting.

Now, police and city leaders are once again trying to figure out ways to stop another wave of violence.

Police told 11 News they have good surveillance video concerning the iVilla Hookah Lounge shooting.

They said a group of people pulled up in a car and began firing at people standing in line, one of the shooters using a rifle.

“The criminals are just brazen. This guy gets out of a car with a rifle, not even a handgun, walks up the street and just opens fire on the line of people,” Col. Rich Worley, of the Baltimore Police Department, said.

According to investigators, four people in a blue car parked near the lounge, walked up on people waiting in line to get in and started firing.

“There was three males, two of the males shot. One of them was brazen enough to get out of the vehicle with a rifle fired into the crowd with a rifle, the other one had a handgun. There were 19 rounds fired and there was a female with them and another male with them, but did not shoot,” Worley said.

The ages of the victims shot ranged from 17 to 22. All the victims are expected to survive.

“The level of violence in the city is unacceptable,” Mayor Jack Young said.

Young, once again on the offensive, said the way to make the violence stop is more people coming forward.

“We need to stop the ‘No snitching’ and start telling what we see so we can curb the violence and crime in the city of Baltimore. It’s a simple as that,” Young said.

This shooting outside of the iVilla Hookah Lounge was part of a violent weekend that consisted of 10 incidents with 16 victims, three of those were homicides, while 13 were non-fatal.

According to the Baltimore City Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 3 on Twitter, officials are claiming some of the people seen in a video taken in October in O’Donnell Heights showing young people pointing guns at a camera were involved in the shooting.

One tweet reads, “…there was an attempted mass murder that injured 7 people. Some of them have been identified as having appeared in this video. Where is the plan? Where is the urgency? #CityinCrisis”

The FOP would not comment on camera about the comments, and the police department could not confirm or deny the allegations.

City Councilman and public safety chair Isaac “Yitzy” Schleifer, is disheartened by the latest violence and said more police resources are the key.

“We really need to focus on things like the crime lab, double down on that. We need to double down on the amount the district detective’s units we have are actually solving crimes that are affecting our communities,” Schleifer said.

Read full article here…

Additional source:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/baltimore-could-reach-most-ever-homicides-week




Philadelphia: Armed Robber Shoots FedEx Driver, Gets Killed When Driver Pulls His Own Gun


Police reported that a FedEx driver suffered a gunshot wound to the stomach before he pulled out his own gun and killed the armed robber who attacked him. Before he shot the driver, the robber stole multiple packages from the FedEx truck, and he was later found unconscious in an alley clutching the packages he had stolen. Investigators took one man into custody after he was spotted standing near a vehicle that police said may have been used to drive the suspect away from the scene, as the interior of the car was smeared with blood. -GEG

A FedEx driver drew his own firearm to defend himself against an armed attacker on Tuesday night.

Philadelphia, PA – A FedEx driver suffered a gunshot wound to the stomach before he pulled out his own gun and killed the armed robber who attacked him, police said.

The incident occurred in the 600-block of Unruh Avenue at approximately 7:10 p.m. on Tuesday night, WPVI reported.

The 32-year-old FedEx driver had just finished making a delivery at a home when he was confronted by the 27-year-old armed suspect, according to WCAU.

The robber stole multiple packages from the FedEx truck before he shot the driver in the abdomen, police said.

That’s when the driver pulled out his own gun and retired fire, hitting his attacker multiple times.

The suspect made off with several packages as he fled the scene, while the wounded FedEx driver jumped back into the delivery truck and drove to a nearby ACME store to get help, WPVI reported.

“He pulled up real fast and got out and said something to the cop,” witness Claudia Griggs told the news outlet. “He said he was shot.”

Police rushed the wounded victim to Einstein Hospital, where his condition was stabilized, WCAU reported.

“We’re hopeful that he will be OK,” Philadelphia Acting Police Commissioner Christine Coulter said.

Meanwhile, officers located an unconscious man in an alley in the 1400-block of Creston Street suffering from gunshot wounds to his back and chest, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

He was carrying packages that had been stolen from the FedEx driver, according to WCAU.

The suspect was transported to Einstein Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Investigators took one man into custody after he was spotted standing near a vehicle that police said may have been used to drive the suspect away from the scene, WCAU reported.

Read full article here…




Iowa Man Sentenced to 15 Year in Prison for the ‘Hate Crime’ of Burning a LGBTQ Flag


Iowa: Adolfo Martinez, 30, was sentenced to more than 15 years in prison for a hate crime after lighting a local church’s LGBTQ flag on fire. The maximum sentence for the hate crime was five years, but extra time was added because he was a repeat offender. He was also sentenced to one year in prison for reckless use of fire and was sentenced to another 30 days for harassment. GEG

An Iowa man will spend up to 16 years behind bars for stealing a pride flag from an Iowa church and setting it on fire — a sentence that even a local LGBTQ group says might be excessive, according to a new report.

Adolfo Martinez, 30, of Ames, was sentenced Wednesday for stealing the pride banner hanging at Ames Church of Christ back in June — and then burning it with lighter fluid and a lighter outside the Dangerous Curves Gentleman’s Club, The Des Moines Register reported.

Martinez admitted he did it because he opposes homosexuality, and a jury convicted him last month, according to NBC News.

“I burned down their pride, plain and simple,” Martinez told local outlet KCCI back in June.

He was sentenced to 15 years for arson as a hate crime, one year for reckless use of explosives or fire and 30 days for harassment, according to the report.

Courtney Reyes, executive director of the statewide LGBTQ group One Iowa, told the network she appreciates how seriously the case was handled, but added the imposed sentence might actually be taking things too far.

Read full article here…

Additional source:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10593862/homophobe-jailed-16-years-lgbtq-flag-fire/