President Trump Says His Purpose for Keeping Troops in Syria Is to Control the Oil

Youtube
image_pdf
  • Save
image_print
  • Save
In a recent press conference, Trump said, “We’ve secured the oil, and therefore a small number of US troops will remain in the area where they have the oil. …And we’ll be deciding what we’re going to do with it in the future.” Defense Secretary Mark Esper said, “A purpose of those [US] forces, working with the SDF, is to deny access to those oil fields by ISIS and others who may benefit from revenues.”

President Trump relocated about 80% of the US troops from Syria to Iraq, where they will guard oil fields. The other 20% will move to southern Syria to the border of Jordan and Israel. Commentary by Jake Morphonious is highly critical of President Trump for this on moral grounds. Let us know if you agree or disagree. -GEG

“Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand,
workin’ in the dark against your fellow man.
But as sure as God made black and white
what’s down in the dark will be brought to the light.”

~ Johnny Cash/traditional, ‘God’s Gonna Cut You Down’

The Grayzone has an excellent new article out titled “US troops are staying in Syria to ‘keep the oil’ — and have already killed hundreds over it” detailing the many ways the Trump administration has openly admitted that it is keeping US troops in Syria to control the nation’s oil fields so that the Syrian government can’t use it to fund reconstruction efforts.

“We’ve secured the oil, and therefore a small number of US troops will remain in the area where they have the oil,” Trump said in a recent press conference.

“And we’re going to be protecting it. And we’ll be deciding what we’re going to do with it in the future.”

“We want to keep the oil,” Trump said in a cabinet meeting a few days earlier.

“Maybe we’ll have one of our big oil companies to go in and do it properly.”

“A purpose of those [US] forces, working with the SDF, is to deny access to those oil fields by ISIS and others who may benefit from revenues that could be earned,” said Defense Secretary Mark Esper.

As Grayzone’s Ben Norton accurately explains, “and others” necessarily means the Syrian government; preventing Assad from accessing Syrian oil is standing US military policy.

And that of course is the real reason US armed forces constantly remain in Syria despite all the empty babble about ending wars and bringing home the troops: it’s about control over a nation in a key geostrategic location which refuses to be absorbed into the blob of the US-centralized empire. Controlling its material wealth is an ideal way to do this.


Read full article here…

Visit our Classified ads.

Check out our Classified ads at the bottom of this page.

Recent stories & commentary

  • Save
Health

California Man Pressured to Take Covid Vax Dies, Blows the Whistle from the Grave on the Killer Vax

November 21, 2021 Covid Vaccine Injuries 8

Mike Granata wrote, “I wished I would have never gotten vaccinated. If you are not vaccinated, don’t do it unless you are ready to suffer and die.” He revealed that that the medical profession is hiding the true number of deaths from Covid vaccines and that nurses begged him to reveal the truth about the dangerous vaccines to the public.

Classifieds

For classified advertising rates and terms, click here. The appearance of ads on this site does not signify endorsement by the publisher. We do not attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made therein or vouch for the integrity of advertisers. However, we will investigate complaints from readers and remove any message we find to be misleading or that promotes anything fraudulent, illegal, or unethical.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
3 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
trackback
President Trump Says His Purpose for Keeping Troops in Syria Is to Control the Oil | WeAreChangeTV.US
2 years ago

[…] 28, 2019 ZeroHedge No Comments This post was originally published on this […]

Boomer Lady
Boomer Lady
2 years ago

No, I do not believe Trump should take the oil, as it doesn’t belong to us unless we are paying fair market price for it. If that is the case, then we should do a modified declaration by the Congress saying that. Then for the time being the few U.S. troops guarding the oil should be training Syrian troops to take over the guarding of the oil. If they fail and ISIS takes it over, that is Syria’s problem.

terry shead
terry shead
2 years ago

This is what it was all about, steal the oil, displaced millions, and killed and maimed millions, what a flippant joke.