Arizona Senator David Farnsworth Says Fellow Republican Lawmaker, Kate Brophy McGee, Threatened Him for Investigating Child Sex Trafficking

Arizona Senator David Farnsworth accused his colleague, Republican Senator Kate Brophy McGee, of threatening his life after he refused to stop investigating possible links between missing children in the state’s child-welfare and foster-care systems and child sex trafficking. Farnsworth says that Arizona state agencies “lost” 550 children last year. About half of those are categorized as runaways and the other half are attributed to errors in record keeping. He says he fears the children may have been abducted and sold to a global sex-trafficking ring. He explained that he doesn’t think officials were actually selling children, but that they are lax at protecting children from predators who would not hesitate to do so.  Farnsworth says that two state senators from other states, who were killed within days of each other earlier this year, were “executed” because they were investigating links between their own states’ child protective agencies and global sex-trafficking rings. -GEG

An Arizona senator called police on a fellow lawmaker who told him to stop talking to people who believe there’s a link between the state’s foster care system and a worldwide sex trafficking ring.

Republican Sen. David Farnsworth told police that he felt threatened when confronted by fellow GOP Sen. Kate Brophy McGee.

Farnsworth has been meeting every two weeks with a group of critics of the Arizona Department of Child Safety, including a group that has accused the foster-care agency of direct involvement in child trafficking. Some on social media have claimed there’s a broad conspiracy involving judges, caseworkers, lawmakers, the governor and prosecutors to cover up sex trafficking.

Farnsworth told the Arizona Capitol Times that Brophy McGee told him to “lose the entourage” of conspiracy theorists and “crazy parents” whose children were taken by state child welfare authorities.

“I’m not asking you to stop. I’m telling you to stop. Stop or my husband will stop you,” Farnsworth recalled Brophy McGee telling him in a meeting on Tuesday.

Farnsworth said he mulled over her comment overnight and decided it was threatening, prompting him to call authorities.

Brophy McGee said she has been targeted by the people working with Farnsworth, and the reference to her husband was not a threat but an attempt to get him understand the gravity of the situation.

“I was trying to pierce through his view of women by saying, ‘I have talked to my husband about this. My husband is very concerned. He said to tell you that he is very concerned and that you would understand what that meant,’ words to that effect,” Brophy McGee told the Capitol Times. “In other words, it’s not me being a fluff head saying this is a problem. It’s a problem.”

Read full article here…

Additional sources:

GOP senator: AZ foster kids are being sold into sexual slavery

Fmr Senator Murdered in Her Home After Reportedly Uncovering Gov’t Child Trafficking Ring




Jury in Planned Parenthood Trial Allowed to Watch ABC News 20/20 Undercover Video that Shows Abortionist Discussing Sale of Fetal Tissue

Pro-Life investigative journalist, David Daleiden, went undercover, posing as a representative from a fetal tissue procurement company, and filmed Planned Parenthood officials discussing the sale of aborted body parts. He was later charged by former California Attorney General Kamala Harris with illegally recording private conversations, but some were filmed in public areas. Last week, during the trial, the judge allowed the jury to view a video of a ABC News 20/20 undercover investigative report that first exposed criminal profiteering in the fetal tissue procurement and abortion industries back in 2000. Daleiden testified that he knew about the video, which inspired him to do his own investigation and sting videos. Jurors are bound to wonder why there was no problem with ABC 20/20 doing their undercover investigation, yet Planned Parenthood is suing David Daleiden for similar videos.

 

SAN FRANCISCO, October 23, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) — Defense lawyers say they scored a major breakthrough on Day 12 of the Planned Parenthood federal civil trial when the judge let the jury see ABC’s 20/20 exposé of illegal trafficking in aborted baby body parts that inspired David Daleiden to undertake a similar covert investigation in 2013.

Moreover, the screening of ABC journalist Chris Wallace’s 12-minute investigative report from 2000 ended Daleiden’s second day of testimony Tuesday, so was likely top of mind for the nine men and three women of the jury as they left the court, and gave them ample time to consider the similarities between Wallace’s and Daleiden’s Center for Medical Progress (CMP) undercover stings.

“That is how the jury went home today, with that video in their minds to consider overnight, so really good day,” noted Peter Breen, Thomas More Society senior counsel and one of Daleiden’s attorneys, in a video update on the trial, now in its third week.

Daleiden testified that seeing the 20/20 exposé in 2010 prompted him to start investigating the illegal market in aborted baby body parts, which had thrived in 10 years since the ABC episode aired.

“We’ve been fighting very hard since the beginning of this trial to try to show that video in the federal civil case,” said Breen, adding that the 20/20 episode had been shown in the preliminary hearing of a parallel criminal case against Daleiden and Merritt.

Ironically, in the ABC exposé, then-Planned Parenthood president Gloria Feldt acknowledged to Wallace that the selling aborted baby parts for profit is a crime and perpetrators should be prosecuted.

Read full article here…




Chile: One-Million Angry Protesters March, Ignoring a Military Curfew. 18 Have Been Killed and Hundreds More Wounded in Protests

Protests that started over a hike in public transport fares boiled into riots, arson and looting that have killed at least 18 people, injured hundreds, led to more than 7,000 arrests, and caused more than $1.4 billion of losses to Chilean businesses. Chile’s military has taken over security in Santiago, a city of six-million people now under a state of emergency with night-time curfews. The principal causes of the protests were low salaries, high utility prices, poor pensions, and economic inequality. On Friday, a million people poured into the streets, and Chile’s billionaire president, Sebastian Pinera, responded by sending lawmakers legislation to overturn a recent hike in electricity rates, and called for reforms to guarantee a minimum wage of $480 a month and introduce state medical insurance for catastrophes. -GEG

Almost one million protesters took to the streets of Chile yesterday and stayed through the night in the biggest demonstrations since violence broke out in the capital a week ago. 

So far at least 18 people have been killed, hundreds wounded, and millions of dollars worth of damage has been caused.  

Demonstrators waving national flags, blowing whistles and horns, wafting incense and bearing placards urging political and social change streamed through the streets, walking for miles from around Santiago to converge on Plaza Italia.

The scenes were replicated in cities around the country.

Traffic ground to a standstill in Santiago as truck and taxi drivers added their own protest over road tolls and public transport shut down early ahead of marches that grew throughout the afternoon.  

Santiago governor, Karla Rubilar, said almost a million people marched in the capital – more than five percent of the country’s population.

‘Today is a historic day,’ Rubilar wrote on Twitter. ‘The Metropolitan Region is host to a peaceful march of almost one million people who represent a dream for a new Chile.’

Clotilde Soto, an 82-year-old retired teacher, said she was marching because she did not want to die without seeing change. 

‘Above all we need better salaries and better pensions, she said.

Protests that started over a hike in public transport fares boiled into riots, arson and looting that have killed at least 18 people, injured hundreds, brought more than 7,000 arrests and caused more than $1.4billion of losses to Chilean businesses.

Read full article here…




President Trump Says His Purpose for Keeping Troops in Syria Is to Control the Oil

In a recent press conference, Trump said, “We’ve secured the oil, and therefore a small number of US troops will remain in the area where they have the oil. …And we’ll be deciding what we’re going to do with it in the future.” Defense Secretary Mark Esper said, “A purpose of those [US] forces, working with the SDF, is to deny access to those oil fields by ISIS and others who may benefit from revenues.”

President Trump relocated about 80% of the US troops from Syria to Iraq, where they will guard oil fields. The other 20% will move to southern Syria to the border of Jordan and Israel. Commentary by Jake Morphonious is highly critical of President Trump for this on moral grounds. Let us know if you agree or disagree. -GEG

“Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand,
workin’ in the dark against your fellow man.
But as sure as God made black and white
what’s down in the dark will be brought to the light.”

~ Johnny Cash/traditional, ‘God’s Gonna Cut You Down’

The Grayzone has an excellent new article out titled “US troops are staying in Syria to ‘keep the oil’ — and have already killed hundreds over it” detailing the many ways the Trump administration has openly admitted that it is keeping US troops in Syria to control the nation’s oil fields so that the Syrian government can’t use it to fund reconstruction efforts.

“We’ve secured the oil, and therefore a small number of US troops will remain in the area where they have the oil,” Trump said in a recent press conference.

“And we’re going to be protecting it. And we’ll be deciding what we’re going to do with it in the future.”

“We want to keep the oil,” Trump said in a cabinet meeting a few days earlier.

“Maybe we’ll have one of our big oil companies to go in and do it properly.”

“A purpose of those [US] forces, working with the SDF, is to deny access to those oil fields by ISIS and others who may benefit from revenues that could be earned,” said Defense Secretary Mark Esper.

As Grayzone’s Ben Norton accurately explains, “and others” necessarily means the Syrian government; preventing Assad from accessing Syrian oil is standing US military policy.

And that of course is the real reason US armed forces constantly remain in Syria despite all the empty babble about ending wars and bringing home the troops: it’s about control over a nation in a key geostrategic location which refuses to be absorbed into the blob of the US-centralized empire. Controlling its material wealth is an ideal way to do this.

Read full article here…




Soros-Linked Group Targets Local Sheriffs and District Attorneys to Adopt Soft-on-Crime Policies and Thwart Immigration Enforcement

A left-wing criminal justice advocacy group with ties to George Soros is targeting the elections of nearly 500 prosecutors and sheriffs across America in 2019. The plan is to install leftist local officials who will be soft on crime and refuse to cooperate with US immigration enforcement. The plan is being directed by Justice Collaborative, a project of Tides Advocacy, which is an affiliate of the Soros-funded Tides Foundation. This group is targeting Louisiana, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia, which account for 99% of 2019’s elections for prosecutor and sheriff. [Curiously, The Trump Administration has shown no interest in interfering the activities of Mr. Soros.] -GEG

A left-wing criminal justice advocacy group with ties to George Soros is targeting nearly 500 prosecutor and sheriff elections across America in 2019 to install leftist local officials who will be soft on crime and refuse to cooperate with U.S. immigration enforcement.

The Appeal: Political Report has published a list of elections, filing deadlines, and voting dates to raise awareness for local elections for positions that are “responsible for setting a wide range of policies that impact detention conditions, incarceration rates, cooperation with ICE, and more.” The group is drawing special attention to populous counties where local elected officials will decide whether to participate in Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s 287(g) program, a Trump administration initiative to partner state and local law enforcement with ICE to enforce immigration law and deport illegal aliens.

The Appeal: Political Report is a publication of the Justice Collaborative, a project of Tides Advocacy, which is an affiliate of the Soros-funded Tides Foundation. The Tides Foundation has supported numerous left-wing criminal justice reform initiatives, including restoring voting rights to convicted felons in Virginia. These left-wing dark money groups support sanctuary city policies and want to elect local officials who will terminate contracts with ICE.

“These elections could expand the successes achieved in 2017 and 2018 by organizers looking to transform the criminal justice system and law enforcement practices,” editor Daniel Nichanian writes for The Appeal: Political Report.

“As of November, 78 jurisdictions had 287(g) contracts with ICE, a partnership that deputizes local law enforcement to act like federal immigrants agents. Three have since quit as a result of the 2018 elections. Will more follow after 2019?” he asks.

Read full article here…




Two Ohio Counties Receive $260-Million in Opioid Lawsuit Settlements from Drug Manufacturer and Distributors

A $260-million settlement has been reached between Cuyahoga and Summit Counties in Ohio and Israeli drug manufacturer, Teva Pharmaceutical, plus three drug distributor including McKesson, Cardinal Health, and AmerisourceBergen. The settlement will allow the companies to avoid the ‘discovery’ process of a trial. The counties’ cases were to be the first to go to trial among suits filed by more than 2,300 municipal and county governments from around the country. As usual, the money will go to the county governments, not to the drug victims. -GEG

For many years there’s been a lot of finger pointing as to who is to blame for the “Opioid Crisis.”

Some former American government employees and pharmaceutical executives have gone on the record and painted a very ugly picture of certain elected officials as well as The Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Of course, the FDA rarely seems to get it right on anything, and the public always seems to pay the price for their bad judgement eventually (see 1234).

 

These recent drug company settlements obviously won’t make up for all the harm that has been done.  But they will help.  From MedCityNews:

An 11th-hour settlement between two counties in Ohio and four companies will allow the latter to avoid a trial over the opioid crisis, according to a news report.

Citing attorneys, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday that Israeli drugmaker Teva Pharmaceutical Industries and the three largest drug distributors in the country – McKessonCardinal Health and AmerisourceBergen – had reached the $260 million settlement with Ohio’s Cuyahoga and Summit counties, respectfully home to the cities of Cleveland and Akron. The judge reportedly said the trial against a fifth defendant, Walgreens Boots Alliance, would be postponed after that company failed to reach a deal.

It was reported last week that the three distributors were in talks to settle the litigation for $18 billion.

The two counties’ cases were to be the first to go to trial among suits filed by more than 2,300 municipal, county and tribal governments from around the country that are part of the multi-district litigation. The case, known as MDL 2804, had been scheduled to start on Monday in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, with U.S. District Judge Dan Polster presiding.

Read full article here…