1

French Government to Crackdown on Protests After Violent Black Bloc Anarchists Rioted Amid Legitimate Yellow Vest Demonstration


su_note note_color=”#efe1a7″ text_color=”#00000″ radius=”5”]After representatives of the Yellow Vest movement accused the French government of failing to stop black bloc anarchists from crashing and marring their protests this weekend on the opulent Champs Elysees avenue in Paris, the French government is using the violence by the black bloc as an excuse to ban rallies in wealthy areas like the Champs-Elysees and to give riot police more power, in addition to using drones. Black bloc protesters, using black clothing as a disguise, are a fringe political group that started fires this past weekend and caused property damage by ripping up paving stones which they used to smash shop windows and attack police. About 200 people, including 15 minors, were arrested during Saturday’s skirmishes.[/su_note]

France’s government has admitted that it had failed to put in place security measures that would be adequate enough to prevent “black bloc” anarchists from spurring violence during Saturday’s Yellow Vests’ movement protest in Paris.

The 18th
week of Yellow Vest rallies saw a spike in violence at key Paris
landmarks such as the Champs-Elysees avenue and the Arc de Triomphe,
including looting and tossing of stones at the riot police by masked
demonstrators.

About 80 shops and
other venues were vandalized in downtown Paris on Saturday as the riot
police was overwhelmed for some time by the black-clad anarchists.

These
include Fouquet’s brasserie, a favourite hangout of the rich and famous
for the past century, luxury handbag store Longchamp, and clothing
outlets Hugo Boss, Lacoste and Celio as well as a bank, a chocolatier
and several newsstands.

French Prime
Minister Edouard Philippe admitted on Sunday the security flaws that
permitted the escalation of violence during the Yellow Vests’ protest.

“The measures taken were insufficient to contain the violence and prevent wrongdoing [the rioters]”, Philippe office said, as cited by AFP and France24, as the Prime Minister was due to meet with French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday morning.

Macron
himself returned to Paris urgently from a skiing trip in the Alps
because of the upswing in protester violence now blamed on black bloc
anarchists.

Some 200 people, including 15 minors, were arrested during Saturday’s skirmishes in Paris, according to a judicial source.

Representatives
of the Yellow Vest movement on Sunday accused the French government of
failing to keep the black bloc from marring their legitimate protest,
and urged Interior Minister Christophe Castaner to resign.

“We
are neither pariahs nor terrorists,” Thierry-Paul Valette, co-founder
of the “Yellow Vest Citizens” group, said in a statement.

Read full article here…




Judge Drops Charges Against Motorist Who Drove through Black Lives Matter Protesters Blocking Traffic


su_note note_color=”#efe1a7″ text_color=”#00000″ radius=”5”]Portland, Oregon: Black Lives Matter demonstrators blocked traffic while protesting in the streets late last year following the grand jury determination that officers were justified in shooting Patrick Kimmons, an armed black man who ran toward the police with a gun. A driver, Mark Alan Dickerson, was trying to pass through the line of protesters as they beat on his truck, and one of them leaned back into his slow-moving car and was struck by the vehicle. The “victim,” Arthuray Dudley, again put himself in the path of the vehicle, and was struck a second time. Dickerson was arrested for assault, reckless endangerment, and reckless driving. Judge Walker, a black man, dropped the charges against driver Dickerson because Arthuray Dudley was unable to stay in court all day and the case collapsed.[/su_note]

Charges have been dismissed against a man in Portland who drove through black lives matter protesters this past October.
The driver, Mark Alan Dickerson, had been charged with “reckless
driving” and “harassment” after he slowly drove toward a small group of
people who were protesting a grand jury’s return of no true bill against police officers who shot Patrick Kimmons,
who was seen by officers opening fire in a parking lot, then running
toward officers with the gun in his hand. Multnomah County Judge Kenneth
Walker dismissed the misdemeanor charges against Dickerson, because the
alleged victim, Arthuray Dudley, couldn’t appear in court to testify.

Read full article here…

Additional source:

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2018/10/police_release_videos_of_offic.html




The $1.5 Trillion US Student Loan Debt Scam: Schools Get All of the Benefits and Avoid All of the Risk



US student loan debt stands at $1.5 trillion and cannot be erased through bankruptcy. The youth of America are captives to colleges and universities that hold a monopoly over credentials. A hundred schools have endowments worth over a billion dollars, and are essentially hedge funds that are attached to schools. The money from increased tuition has been spent on beautifying and expanding campuses and hiring more left-leaning administrators. Tucker Carlson suggests that schools should co-sign the loans so that they have a stake in student outcomes.




Devin Nunes Sues Twitter for $250 Million Shadow Banning Him. He Is Also Suing Several Twitter Trolls for Smearing Him


Republican Representative Devin Nunes from California is suing Twitter for $250 million, accusing the social media site of shadow-banning him and other conservatives, in order to influence the 2018 elections. Federal law exempts services like Twitter from defamation liability, but because the site censors and bans content, it should be considered to be a content developer/ publisher and face liability like any other publisher.  Nunes’ lawsuit also names specific Twitter accounts that allegedly smeared him with fake news, causing him to lose support amongst voters. The lawsuit will force the disclosure of the account holders who he says defamed him. He says that many more lawsuits against social media censorship are planned.

California GOP Rep. Devin Nunes
filed a major lawsuit seeking $250 million in compensatory damages and
$350,000 in punitive damages against Twitter and a handful of its users
on Monday, accusing the social media site of “shadow-banning
conservatives” to secretly hide their posts, systematically censoring
opposing viewpoints, and totally “ignoring” lawful complaints of
repeated abusive behavior.

In a complaint
filed in Virginia state court on Monday, obtained by Fox News, Nunes
claimed Twitter wanted to derail his work on the House Intelligence
Committee, which he chaired until 2019, as he looked into alleged and apparent surveillance abuses
by the government. Nunes said Twitter was guilty of “knowingly hosting
and monetizing content that is clearly abusive, hateful and defamatory –
providing both a voice and financial incentive to the defamers –
thereby facilitating defamation on its platform.”

The lawsuit alleged defamation, conspiracy and negligence, as well as violations of the state’s prohibition against “insulting words” — effectively fighting words that
tend towards “violence and breach of the peace.” The complaint sought
not only damages, but also an injunction compelling Twitter to turn over
the identities behind numerous accounts he said harassed and defamed
him.

“Twitter is a machine,” Nunes’ personal attorney, Steven S.
Biss, told Fox News. “It is a modern-day Tammany Hall. Congressman Nunes
intends to hold Twitter fully accountable for its abusive behavior and
misconduct.”

Although federal law ordinarily exempts services like
Twitter from defamation liability at all levels, Nunes’ suit said the
platform has taken such an active role in curating and banning content
— as opposed to merely hosting it — that it should face liability like
any other organization that defames.

“Twitter created and
developed the content at issue in this case by transforming false
accusations of criminal conduct, imputed wrongdoing, dishonesty and lack
of integrity into a publicly available commodity used by unscrupulous
political operatives and their donor/clients as a weapon,” Nunes’ legal
team wrote. “Twitter is ‘responsible’ for the development of offensive
content on its platform because it in some way specifically encourages
development of what is offensive about the content.”

The lawsuit
is separate from Nunes’ work on the House Intelligence Committee, where
he is now the ranking member. To prove his defamation charge, Nunes, as a
public figure, would typically need to meet a higher standard than a
private individual — essentially that the defendants acted
intentionally or recklessly with respect to the provable falsity of
their posts, rather than than merely negligently.

Read full article here…




The Associated Press and UN Scientists Walk Back Beto O’Rourke and AOC’s Claim that the World Will End in 12 Years from Unchecked Global Warming


The Associated Press Walked back the claim by progressive superstars, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Beto O’Rourke, that the world will end in 12 years unless radical leftist policies are implemented to stop global warming immediately. Scientists behind the United Nations International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) climate report confirm that the 12-year deadline is based on the Paris treaty 2030 goal to cut carbon emissions and that the planet is not in imminent danger.

CLIMATE CHANGE

O’ROURKE, on global warming: “This is our final
chance. The scientists are absolutely unanimous on this. That we have no
more than 12 years to take incredibly bold action on this crisis.” —
remarks in Keokuk, Iowa, on Thursday.

THE FACTS: There is no scientific consensus, much less unanimity, that the planet only has 12 years to fix the problem.

A
report by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change,
drawn from the work of hundreds of scientists, uses 2030 as a prominent
benchmark because signatories to the Paris agreement have pledged
emission cuts by then. But it’s not a last chance, hard deadline for
action, as it has been interpreted in some quarters.

“Glad to
clear this up,” James Skea, co-chairman of the report and professor of
sustainable energy at Imperial College London, told The Associated
Press. The panel “did not say we have 12 years left to save the world.”

He added: “The hotter it gets, the worse it gets, but there is no cliff edge.”

“This
has been a persistent source of confusion,” agreed Kristie L. Ebi,
director of the Center for Health and the Global Environment at the
University of Washington in Seattle. “The report never said we only have
12 years left.”

The report forecasts that global warming is
likely to increase by 0.5 degrees Celsius or 0.9 degrees Fahrenheit
between 2030 and 2052 “if it continues to increase at the current rate.”
The climate has already warmed by 1 degree C or 1.8 degrees F since the
pre-Industrial Age.

Even holding warming to that level brings
harmful effects to the environment, the report said, but the impact
increases greatly if the increase in the global average temperature
approaches 2 degrees C or 3.6 degrees F.

“The earth does not reach
a cliff at 2030 or 2052,” Ebi told AP. But “keep adding greenhouse
gases to the atmosphere and temperatures will continue to rise.”

As
much as climate scientists see the necessity for broad and immediate
action to address global warming, they do not agree on an imminent point
of no return.

Cornell University climate scientist Natalie M.
Mahowald told the AP that a 12-year time frame is a “robust number for
trying to cut emissions” and to keep the increase in warming under
current levels.

But she said sketching out unduly dire consequences is not “helpful to solving the problem.”

Read full article here…