Study on Death Toll in Puerto Rico Following Hurricane Maria Last Year Is Raised from 64 to 2,975

A few weeks ago, Puerto Rico raised its death toll from Hurricane Maria from 64 to 2,975, following a report from George Washington University, which compared historical mortality rates to arrive at its figures. Much of the discrepancy comes from government failure to instruct physicians on how to certify deaths. Also, some of the deaths were not caused by the hurricane itself but from indirect causes, such as lack of medications. Critics say the death toll now is greatly inflated to qualify for more money from the US Congress for reconstruction and human services. The Puerto Rican government has submitted a request for $139-billion for new projects. The likelihood of this being granted is in proportion to the number of deaths attributed to the tragedy. [See additional commentary in Forum section dated 2018 Aug 30.] -GEG

A study commissioned by Puerto Rico’s governor Ricardo Rossello and released on Tuesday, raised the death toll as a result of Hurricane Maria last year from 64 to nearly 3,000.

The report, by researchers at George Washington University estimated there were 2,975 excess deaths in Puerto Rico stemming from the hurricane from September 2017 through February 2018. The total is vastly greater than the official fatality count of 64, and is more than double some of the estimates from previous studies by academic researchers and media organizations, according to the WSJ.

For the past year, Puerto Rico’s government faced criticism that it had drastically undercounted the number of fatalities caused by Maria.

Then, earlier this month, it  acknowledged in a document filed to Congress that the death toll from Maria was much higher than the official total. But Gov. Rossello’s administration said it would await the results of the George Washington University study, which it commissioned in December, to update the official count.

The release of the George Washington University study comes as the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Maria approaches on Sept. 20, and Congress considers the island government’s request for federal aid to rebuild from the storm.

But where did the massive revision come from, and how were the nearly three thousand people missed the first time around? In one word, statistics.

The George Washington University researchers estimated the number of excess deaths by analyzing death certificates and other mortality data, and comparing the number of deaths during the designated period to past mortality patterns. They calculated the total number of deaths in the period was 22% higher than the number of fatalities that would have been expected, the researchers said.

Researchers also pointed to several problems in the death-certification process that contributed to the island government’s undercounting of fatalities. Among them were a lack of training for physicians on how to certify deaths after a natural disaster and the government’s lack of communication about proper death-certificate reporting prior to the 2017 hurricane season.

One can even all it “non-GAAP” deaths, or determinations revised well after the event, with the appropriate nudge here or there:

Researchers’ interviews with people in Puerto Rico involved in the death-certification process revealed “confusion about the guidelines” and “reluctance to relate deaths to hurricanes due to concern about the subjectivity of this determination,” according to the study.

The report even blamed the government’s poor communication skills and the lack of personnel training for being able to, wait for it, determine if a death was a death.

Read full article here…

Additional source on indirect deaths- click here.




Psychic Nikki Hayley: If There Is a Future Chemical Weapons Attack in Syria, Assad Will Have Done It

Nikki Hayley, the US Ambassador to the UN, announced in a press conference that, if there are any future chemical weapons attacks in the Syrian province of Idlib, it will be the Syrian government that is responsible. She said, “If they want to continue to go the route of taking over Syria, they can do that. But they cannot do it with chemical weapons. They can’t do it assaulting their people. And we’re not gonna fall for it. If there are chemical weapons that are used, we know exactly who’s gonna use them.” -GEG

UN Ambassador and Clairvoyant Prognosticator of the Transmundane Nikki Haley has foreseen that, if there are any future chemical weapons attacks in the Syrian province of Idlib, it will most definitely be the Syrian government that is responsible and not the multiple terrorist factions in the area.

“If they want to continue to go the route of taking over Syria, they can do that,” said Nikki Haley at a UN press conference today, without explaining how a nation’s only recognized government can ‘take over’ the country it governs. “But they cannot do it with chemical weapons. They can’t do it assaulting their people. And we’re not gonna fall for it. If there are chemical weapons that are used, we know exactly who’s gonna use them.”

Haley was referring to the Syrian government’s impending push to complete its military campaign of recapturing its land from the terrorist factions and militias who, with extensive help from the US and its allies, have been holding communities hostage in a failed attempt to take over Syria. Her supernatural prophecy is just the latest in an increasingly bizarre string of claims being advanced by political figures and establishment media that the Assad government is planning to use chemical weapons to complete that campaign in Idlib.

Their narrative is that the Russian government’s warnings of a plot by the Al Qaeda-linked terrorist factions occupying the region to stage a chemical weapons attack and frame the Syrian government for it are actually just a preemptive “smoke screen” to allow them to get away with committing war crimes. When Haley said “we’re not gonna fall for it,” this is the ‘it’ she was referring to.

So let’s unpack that a bit. I’m going to propose two different possibilities to you, and you decide for yourself which one is the more likely event to occur in the future:

Possibility 1: The actual, literal terrorist factions occupying Idlib are on the cusp of defeat with nowhere to escape to. They know for a fact that the US and its allies have launched repeated attacks on the Syrian government following chemical weapons allegations without first waiting for an investigation into those allegations. They also know for a fact that multiple high level officials in the western alliance have stated they will carry out aggressive attacks against the Syrian government in retaliation for any perceived chemical weapons attacks, and, thanks to the public prognostications from Madame Haley’s crystal ball, they also know that the Syrian government has already been assigned blame for any such attack in advance. Knowing all of these things, with their backs against the wall with the absolute certainty that getting the western military alliance on their side is their last and only chance, they get their hands on some chemical weapons and kill some of the civilians they’ve captured.

Possibility 2: On the cusp of victory, the Assad government decides to do the one thing that risks a US-led regime change military intervention in order to accomplish the crucial strategic masterstroke of killing a few kids with chlorine or sarin in front of a bunch of White Helmets cameras.

While you are weighing those two options, consider for a moment the fact that the US and its allies have an extensive history of attempting to control who governs Syria, and indeed plotted to create a violent uprising exactly as it occurred in 2011. Not after the violence had already started, but years in advance.

This is not my opinion, and it is not a conspiracy theory. It is a known fact that you can verify for yourself:

Here is a 2006 WikiLeaks cable in which the US government is seen exploring possible factions which could be incentivized to rise up against Assad, and ways in which psyops could be used to ensure widespread violence.

Read full article here…




Washington Post Reports that Trump Reverses His Position Syria: Regime Change Is Back on the Table

An exclusive Washington Post report says that President Trump has expressed a desire for a complete 180 policy shift on Syria that includes an indefinite US military presence there, despite his promise only a few months ago to remove US troops from Syria. The primary justification for being in Syria was the destruction of ISIS, which no longer holds any significant territory and has been driven underground. The Post also reported that Trump has made a commitment to pursuing regime change as a final goal. The report says that “the administration has redefined its goals to include the exit of all Iranian military and proxy forces from Syria, and establishment of a stable, nonthreatening government acceptable to all Syrians and the international community.” -GEG

Will the war in Syria never end? Will the international proxy war and stand-off between Russia, the United States, Iran, and Israel simply continue to drift on, fueling Syria’s fires for yet more years to come?  It appears so according to an exclusive Washington Post report which says that President Trump has expressed a desire for complete 180 policy shift on Syria.

Only months ago the president expressed a desire “to get out” and pull the over 2,000 publicly acknowledged American military personnel from the country; but now, the new report finds, Trump has approved “an indefinite military and diplomatic effort in Syria”.

The radical departure from Trump’s prior outspokenness against militarily pursuing Syrian regime change, both on the campaign trail and during his first year in the White House, reportedly involves “a new strategy for an indefinitely extended military, diplomatic and economic effort there, according to senior State Department officials”.

This even though one of the Pentagon’s main justifications for being on Syrian soil in the first place — the destruction of ISIS — has already essentially happened as the terror group now holds no significant territory and has been driven completely underground.

But most worrisome about the Post report is that sources said to be close to White House policy planning on Syria suggest that Trump has made a commitment to pursuing regime change as a final goal.

Crucially, the report describes that “the administration has redefined its goals to include the exit of all Iranian military and proxy forces from Syria, and establishment of a stable, nonthreatening government acceptable to all Syrians and the international community.”

Of course, there’s the glaringly obvious issue of the fact that the most powerful top competing “alternatives” to the current government in Damascus include groups like Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham, which currently holds Idlib and is under direct allegiance to al-Qaeda chief Ayman al Zawahiri (as recently confirmed in the US State Department’s own words).

Read full article here…




Censored: Israeli Defense Force Admitted Giving Cash and Weapons to Syrian Rebel Groups, then Demanded the Story be Dropped

The Israeli Army admitted to the Jerusalem Post that it provided large amounts of cash, weapons, and ammunition to extremist Syrian rebels with the idea of keeping Hezbollah fighters and Iranian soldiers out of Syria’s borders.  Fursan al-Joulan was one of the groups the Israeli military admitted to subsidizing, which is noteworthy because it is one of the few rebel groups that refused the Russian evacuation deal in Southern Syria.  The military ordered the story to be censored shortly after it was published. -GEG

The Israeli army admitted to the Jerusalem Post on Tuesday that they gave Syrian rebels “large amounts of cash, weapons and ammunition,” but then ordered the story to be censored shortly after it was published.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

The Israeli army has officially admitted that it provided large amounts of cash, weapons, and ammunition to extremist Syrian rebels.

This inconvenient fact will of course be ignored by the regime-change shills who absurdly claim to be “pro-Palestinian.”

From Antiwar:

The Jerusalem Post, a major Israeli newspaper, published an article on Wednesday quoting Israeli military officials as saying that they had been providing seven different Syrian rebel groups with “large amounts of cash, weapons and ammunition.”

Though the report did not name all of the rebel factions subsidized by Israel, it did name Fursan al-Joulan, a rebel group which had previously been accused of being in league with the Israeli military. This is particularly noteworthy because this was one of few rebel groups which refused the Russian evacuation deal in southern Syria. The report says all arming of the groups ended in July with the defeat of the last rebels in the area.

Even more interesting is that the Israeli military initially told Jerusalem Post this, and then forced the article to be taken down under military censorship rules. The Israeli military is legally empowered to censor the press, though it’s rare for the article to get published then taken down, as usually Israeli media outlets don’t start covering censored stories until international outlets break them first.

Read full article here…




Man Caught Paying Off Kavanaugh Protesters Works for a Soros NGO

Vinay Krishnan, the man who was caught paying cash to protesters, is a so-called ‘social-justice’ lawyer who works for The Center for Popular Democracy, which receives the bulk of its funding from George Soros. The Center for Popular Democracy announced last May that it was setting up an “$80-million anti-Trump network that will span 32 states and have 48 local partners.”  The goal of the organization is to oppose voter ID laws and promote automatic voter registration programs. -GEG

The man who was caught on camera paying off protesters who disrupted the Judge Brett Kavanaugh hearings has been identified as working for a Soros-funded organization.

As we reported yesterday, three doctors said they personally witnessed protesters being paid off before the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing.

“One thing was there were people who had come along… who had a bag of money, and people would hand them a piece of paper, and then they would give them money. So we know money was exchanged for some of the people to be here, just to protest,” said Dr. Tom Schlueter.

One of the women caught on camera being paid off was later seen being ejected from the hearings after demonstrators caused a disruption.

It has now emerged that the man seen paying off the woman works for a left-wing activist organization funded by billionaire globalist George Soros.

“The man handing money to the Kavanaugh hearing protester is Vinay Krishnan. Consultant/organizer at Center for Popular Democracy,” tweeted Nick Monroe.

Krishnan’s bio lists him as a “social justice attorney”. The Center for Popular Democracy “receives the bulk of its funding from George Soros” and back in May last year announced that they were setting up an “$80 million anti-Trump network that will span 32 states and have 48 local partners.”

Read full article here…




The “Trump of Brazil” Presidential Candidate Stabbed in the Chest

Brazil: Leading presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro, a right-wing populist, was stabbed in the chest as he moved through a crowd during a rally in Rio De Janeiro.  The man who stabbed him was identified as Adelio Bispo de Oliveira.  Bosonaro’s son says he will survive the attack. -GEG

His son tweeted out that he received damage to his liver, lungs and intestines and arrived at the hospital “almost dead.”

•••

Jair Bolsonaro, a longtime politician and leading candidate in Brazil’s presidential elections, was brutally stabbed during a campaign rally Thursday.

Right-wing presidential candidate Bolsonaro was stabbed in the abdomen by an assailant while passing through a large crowd of supporters. Footage shows Bolsonaro getting stabbed and then promptly rushed to a vehicle.

The stabbing occurred during a political rally in Juiz de Fora, a southern city in Brazil. The stabbing was just below the bulletproof vest he was wearing.

Bolsonaro is currently recovering in the hospital. His son, Eduardo, has said he will survive the attack.

Bolsonaro — a presidential candidate who doesn’t hesitate to speak his mind — has been frequently referred to as the “Trump of Brazil.” The leading presidential candidate has spoken out against same sex marriage, drug liberalization, affirmative action and other liberal policies. Like U.S. President Donald Trump, Bolsonaro has been a major critic of the Paris accord and has vowed to leave the agreement if elected president.

Read full article here…