London’s Metropolitan Police Failed to Record 100,000 Crimes, Including Rape

A police watchdog group reported that police officers in London often failed to record crimes, including domestic abuse and violence when they occurred alongside other crimes.  Almost one in ten sexual offense crimes, including rape, were not recorded.  They also neglected to record some low-level crimes.  More than half of people in the UK have lost confidence in the police.  Meanwhile, hate crimes are rigorously investigated, and a George Soros-linked NGO is working with police to fund enforcement for hate crime laws.

London’s Metropolitan Police fails to record over 94,500 reported crimes each year, representing 10.5 percent of all reported crimes, according to estimates by the policing and fire services watchdog.

Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services (HMICFRS) found that officers were failing to accurately record crimes including domestic abuse and violence when they occurred alongside other crimes as well as some public order offences and low-level crimes.

Last year, the Met recorded over 800,000 crimes and the HMICFRS believes these near-100,000 annual missed recordings occur because officers did not “recognise” when crimes were committed or did not “understand” the need to record multiple offences when reported during police investigations.

“We believe that instances of crimes not being recorded generally occur when staff and officers do not recognise that a crime has been committed, or do not fully understand the need to record multiple offences disclosed during investigations,” the inspectorate found.

When auditing 1,369 reports of crime from the period 1 July 2017 to 31 December 2017, the HMICFRS found that 271 were related to domestic abuse and of these the force has recorded 230 – the remaining 41 not recorded “were mostly offences involving violence, such as actual bodily harm and common assault”.

By their estimates, the force failed to record over 28,100 violent crimes. Almost one in ten sexual offence crimes, including rape, were not recorded and of the 118 audited rape reports, 20 were not accurately recorded by London police.

These findings come after a shock poll revealed that more than half of people in the UK have lost confidence in the police with 57 percent saying they think that the control of whole areas has been surrendered by officers to criminals.

Read full article here…




Las Vegas: MGM Sues Victims of Mass Shootings and Denies Responsibility!

In a precedent-setting lawsuit, MGM Resorts, the parent company that owns Mandalay Bay Hotel and the land where the concert took place, sued more than 1,000 victims of the October 2017 mass shooting, in a pre-emptive strike to prevent lawsuits, as MGM denies any responsibility.  MGM is not seeking money from the victims.  MGM is claiming that a 2002 federal law extends liability protection to any company that uses ‘anti-terrorism’ technology or services that can prevent and respond to mass violence, and MGM hired security for the concert that was certified by the Department of Homeland Security.  A victims’ attorney says that only the security company is protected from liability under the federal law and MGM is still on the hook for liability.  Critics have pointed out that MGM may have filed their case in federal court for the purpose of ‘judge shopping’ in order to find a sympathetic judge.

Survivors of the deadliest mass shooting in US history are expressing their outrage with MGM Resorts International after the company sued the surviving victims of the shooting, claiming it has “no liability of any kind” in the Oct. 1 massacre, USA Today reports. An MGM spokeswoman said the company has been “focused on the recovery of those impacted by the shooting” while also claiming that the attack was “unforeseeable.”

“The unforeseeable events of October 1st affected thousands of people in Las Vegas and throughout North America,” MGM Resorts spokeswoman Debra DeShong said in a statement. “From the day of this tragedy, we have focused on the recovery of those impacted by the despicable act of one evil individual.”

Attorneys representing the victims said the lawsuit was “a stunt” that probably won’t survive a challenge in court and accused the company of “blaming the victims.” One lawyer said MGM’s challenge was the most “reprehensible” action taken by a corporation to avoid paying damages that he’s seen in his multi-decade career.

Brian Claypool, a survivor of the rampage who represents 75 survivors and victims’ family members, called MGM’s lawsuit “a stunt” that won’t survive a court challenge.

“I am still in therapy once a week, and this is their way of trying to solve the problem,” he said. “It’s shifting responsibility and minimizing their blatant negligence.”

Robert Eglet, whose firm represents hundreds of people in the case, dismissed MGM’s claim as “outrageous” and accused the company of trying to intimidate victims. Very few of his clients have filed suit and some never will, he said.

“In my 30 years of practice, this is the most reprehensible behavior I have ever seen a defendant engage in,” Eglet said. “They are trying to victimize these people twice.”

MGM is arguing that the security company it contracted with for the Harvest festival (MGM owns the lot across the street from the Mandalay Bay hotel and resort) took all the precautions required by the Department of Homeland Security. It has also argued that security staff in the hotel responded promptly and in accordance with post-9/11 protocols for mass casualty events.

MGM’s lawsuit claims the case must be dealt with in federal court under terms of the post-9/11 Safety Act, which provides incentives for development and deployment of anti-terrorism technologies. The company says the security firm it contracted for the concert, CSC, was approved by the Department of Homeland Security, thus released from liability under the act.

But the victims’ attorneys said these guidelines are irrelevant when it comes to the lawsuit.

“The Safety Act doesn’t apply to them, it applies to CSC,” Eglet said. “MGM has nothing to do with CSC.”

Eglet said there was no reason to file the suit since the issue of jurisdiction is already being argued in court. He said MGM is “judge shopping.”

Read full article here…




Putin Claimed that Bill Browder Contributed $400 Million to Hillary, but then Putin Revised it to $400,000.  Browder Says No Public Record of Donating to Hillary Campaign.

Putin offered to allow Mueller’s team to join him in Russia to interrogate the 12 Russians who were indicted, in exchange for allowing Putin to question Bill Browder, an investment banker from America who reaped billions from Russia in 1990s and was convicted of tax fraud.

By JW Williams

President Trump met with Russian President Putin in Helsinki and Putin dropped a bombshell about a $400 million contribution to Hillary’s campaign fund by Bill Browder, who was convicted of tax fraud in Russia.
.
Both Trump and Putin have been maligned in Western media and by ‘deep state’ politicians like former CIA Director John Brennan, who are threatened by peace, and accused Trump of treason!
.
Putin offered to interrogate the 12 Russian nationals who were indicted by Mueller, and invited Mueller’s team to come to Russia to join him in the questioning.  Putin then said that he would like the US to reciprocate by producing some American people whom he accuses of crimes against Russia.  Putin said that Bill Browder, a hedge fund manager from America, failed to pay taxes on $1.5 billion on revenue from Russia, which is a crime.  He also said that Browder and his associates contributed to $400 million to Hillary Clinton’s campaign, which Putin later claimed was only $400,000.
.
Investigative journalist Lee Stranahan has been uncovering the sprawling story of Bill Browder, whom he blames for most of the ‘Russiagate’ hysteria, for over a year.  Browder is the grandson of Earl Browder, the head of the Communist Party USA, who was also a spy under Josef Stalin.

Stranahan says he made billions by buying grossly undervalued businesses.  Browder was banned from Russia and his offices were raided after disputed tax schemes were discovered.  He was later convicted in 2013, in absentia, of tax fraud by a Russian court, and will be subject to arrest and imprisonment if he returns to Russia.  An accountant who worked for one of Browder’s company, Sergey Magnitsky, was also convicted of tax fraud and he went to prison.  Magnitsky died in prison due to harsh conditions and poor health, according to his mother.  It was not murder, as is claimed by Browder, according to Magnitsky’s mother.
.
Strananhan says that Browder took revenge on Putin for banning him from Russia and convicting him of tax fraud by lobbying for the Magnitsky Act, which signed by Obama, and allows assets held by Russian individuals in America to be frozen.  Browder claims that Magnitsky was his lawyer, but evidence shows that Magnitsky was an accountant.  The Magnitsky Act was supported by neocon John McCain.
.
Click here for fascinating speech by Browder on how he bought and sold Russian businesses.
.
**This article has been revised to reflect updates requested by Mr. Browder’s attorney.
.
After the press conference in Helsinki, Putin said that the amount donated to Hillary Clinton’s campaign by Mr. Browder was $400,000, not $400 million as he stated during the presser.  Mr. Browder denies the claim, and his attorney said that there is no public record that Browder made any contributions to Hillary Clinton’s campaign. 
.
Here is a statement from Mr. Browder that was provided by his attorney:
.
“Putin’s latest allegation that I donated $400 million to Hillary Clinton is so ludicrous and untrue that it falls into delusion. I’ve never made a political donation to Hillary Clinton or any other political candidate.”