Transgenders Allowed to Join Military Eligible for Free Sex-Change Surgery

Allowing transgenders to join the military is contrary to a directive from the Commander-in-Chief President Trump.  The Trump administration appealed Judge Kollar-Kitelly’s decision but was rejected by two separate courts last week. Few transgenders can afford the sex-change surgery they desire because it can exceed $100,000. Making it free in the military is an incentive for transgenders to enlist. Because of this, the military eventually may have the highest proportion of transgenders of any ‘professional’ group in the country. [It is unknown what effect this will have on the fighting spirit of the US military.] -GEG

Barack Obama will go down in history as one of the worst, if not the worst president in U.S. history.

His “leadership” left the world in chaos, our economy in shambles, national debt approaching $20 trillion, and our nation divided as never before in a profound crisis of identity and confidence. And as our culture moves from dysfunctional to bizarre, one of the hot button issues Obama left behind is transgenders in the military, and forcing taxpayers to underwrite the cost of elective transgender surgery for military members.

Donald Trump was elected president on the hope that he would reorient national priorities to actually serve our nation. One such action he took in August was to end military payments for elective transgender surgery and to bar transgenders from enlisting in the military. He suspended recruitment of transgender people, ordered the Defense Department to develop policies regarding those transgender service members already on duty, and only pay for transgender surgeries that were in progress.

The cost of transgender surgery can exceed $100,000. Estimates of the number of transgenders in the military range from a low of 1,320 to as high as 12,800. If all individuals identifying as “transgender” elected the surgery, it could cost the military between $132 million and $1.3 billion. It is claimed that only a small percentage will actually undergo the surgery, but doctors ironically claim that it is medically necessary. Either way, with taxpayers underwriting the cost, many more will likely take advantage of it.

Read full article here…




Iran Protests Grow, 2 People Dead, Iran Blames ISIS/Al-Nusra Foreigners

At least two protesters are dead as a result of the wave of civil disobedience that has gripped Iran since last Thursday against soaring food prices and unemployment. The state television station reported that neither police nor military have fired any shots, yet two men are dead. They blame ‘Takfiri’ foreigners, referring to Sunni fundamentalists such as ISIS and the Al Nusra Front, insinuating these were false-flag killings. -GEG

At least two people taking part in pro- and anti-government rallies in Iran were killed overnight, local media reported, citing officials. These are the first fatalities attributed to the recent mass protests.

The deaths were reported in the city of Doroud (Dorud), 325 kilometers southwest of Tehran, in Iran’s western Lorestan Province, the semi-official Mehr News Agency reported. The unauthorized rally ignited clashes, Habibollah Khojastepour, the security deputy of Lorestan’s governor, told the agency, adding that two protesters were killed in the clashes.

“The gathering was to be ended peacefully, but due to the presence of the [agitators], unfortunately, this happened,” Khojastepour said. The official did not specify the causes of the deaths, adding that “no bullets were shot from police and security forces at the people.”

The ongoing protests across Iran started on Thursday as a demonstration against soaring food prices and unemployment, snowballing into the biggest anti-government movement in eight years.

Speaking to state TV, Khojastehpour said that those killed in Doroud were targeted by foreign agents, not the police, Reuters reports. “We have found evidence of enemies of the revolution, Takfiri [Sunni extremists] groups and foreign agents in this clash.”

Thousands of pro- and anti-government demonstrators have taken to the streets across Iran since Thursday. Anti-government protests were prompted mostly by discontent over economic hardship and alleged corruption. The crowds also aimed their anger at the supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

“People are protesting because [they] are under economic pressure and the government must be responsive in the face of rising inflation and these economic hardships,” Mostafa Kiaie, a demonstrator, said, as cited by AFP.

Pro-government protests were held in around 1,200 cities and towns, local media reported. Mass pro-government protests took place in Tehran and Mashhad, Iran’s second most populous city.

Read full article here…




Bakers Who Refused to Make Gay Cake Found Guilty of Discrimination

Oregon’s Court of Appeals found that Melissa and Aaron Klein, owners of ‘Sweet Cakes by Melissa’, were guilty of illegally discriminating against a same-sex couple in 2013 when, for religious reasons, they refused to bake a wedding cake for a lesbian couple.  The bakers had to pay a $135K fine for ’emotional damage’ and lost their business.  The Christian couple’s attorneys argued in favor of the First Amendment in refusing to make the cake, while the lesbian couple argued that all people should be treated equally under the law.  A similar case from Colorado will be tried by the Supreme Court in June.  [What part of the Constitution or logic says that a free people should be forced against their will to perform services for anyone who demands it? Forget ‘religious reasons” and forget ‘freedom of speech”. If you do not like my face, or body odor, or life style, or vulgar language or anything else, why should you be compelled by law to associate with me and serve my demands? This is not the proper function of the state. See The Creed of Freedom.] -GEG 

An Oregon court upheld a January decision forcing two Christian bakery owners to pay a $135,000 fine for refusing to bake a lesbian wedding cake.

On Thursday, the state’s Court of Appeals found Sweet Cakes by Melissa owners Melissa and Aaron Klein illegally discriminated against a same-sex couple in February 2013.

The Kleins had cited religious objections for not wanting to bake the cake, but the court ruled the refusal was in violation of an Oregon law which restricts businesses from discriminating based on sexual orientation.

The bake shop, located in Gresham, was forced to close under intense criticism, but donations allowed the couple to operate the business out of their home up until October 2016.

“We lost everything we loved and worked so hard to build,” Melissa Klein told KATU. “I loved my shop. It meant everything to me and losing it has been so hard for me and my family.”

Lawyers defending the Kleins argued in March the court was violating the bakers’ First Amendment-protected free speech rights.

“We believe that freedom of expression for ourselves means freedom of expression for others,” an attorney for the First Liberty Institute said. “And what’s unfortunate here is that a family and their business has been punished because of their religious beliefs. And that’s not America. That’s just flat out wrong.”

The lesbian couple, Rachel Bowman-Cryer and her partner Laurel, were pleased with the court’s decision.

“All of us are equal under the law and should be treated equally. Oregon will not allow a ‘Straight Couples Only’ sign to be hung in bakeries or other stores,” they said in a statement.

Read full article here…




Roy Moore’s Lawsuit to Challenge Election Result Was Dismissed Despite Vote Fraud

Alabama: Democrat candidate Doug Jones defeated Republican Judge Roy Moore in a close election for the Senate.  Jones won by 1.5% or about 20,000 votes, out of a total of 1.3 million.  Moore filed a lawsuit to prevent Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill from certifying Jones as the winner until after an investigation of possible fraud, but it was dismissed, and Jones was confirmed.  It is important to remember that Merrill obtained a court order to destroy the election records to prevent a recount.  Moore’s lawsuit cited numerous irregularities including out-of state voters (verified by video evidence), the discovery of pre-marked ballots for Jones, and the destruction of voter records. -GEG

This morning, Alabama’s state canvassing board will officially declare Doug Jones (D) the winner of the Dec. 12 special senate election. We are told that Jones defeated Roy Moore (R) by 1.5% or about 20,000 votes.

Late yesterday, Moore filed a lawsuit to stop Alabama from certifying Jones as the winner. The defendants in the lawsuit are Alabama Secretary of State John H. Merrill and Jefferson County Probate Judge Alan L. King.

As reported by the New York Post, Moore’s attorney said in a statement that he believes there were irregularities during the election and that there should be a fraud investigation and eventually a new election because “This is not a Republican or Democrat issue as election integrity should matter to everyone.”

While saying he has so far not found evidence of voter fraud and that his office will investigate any complaint that Moore submits, Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill nevertheless told The Associated Press yesterday evening that “It is not going to delay certification and Doug Jones will be certified (Thursday) at 1 p.m. and he will be sworn in by Vice President Pence on the third of January.”

In the complaint, Moore’s attorneys noted the higher than expected turnout in the race, particularly in Jefferson County, and that Moore’s numbers were suspiciously low in about 20 Jefferson County precincts.

Roy Moore’s lawsuit complaint states the following:

(1) The “purported” election results “were contrary to most of the impartial, independent polls conducted prior to the Special Election and in contrast to exit polls.”

(2) There are “multiple public outcries of election fraud,” including:

  • Pre-marked (for Doug Jones) sample ballots were discovered in a bundle or bundles in Bullock County.
  • Multiple out-of-state identification were presented at voting places.
  • “Certain precinct directors” allowed out-of-state persons to vote.
  • A news video shows a young man saying that he and a “fellowship” of others had come from out of state to vote for Jones. Secretary of State Merrill claimed to have investigated the man (but not the others in the “fellowship”), but has not released the man’s name for others to verify.

Read full article here…




Syria: Secret Deal Allowed Armed ISIS Members to Escape

Video shows convoys carrying 3,500 ISIS fighters and their families being transported out of Raqqa, along with 10 trucks loaded with weapons, just before the city was fully recaptured by Syrian forces. The trucks were hired by the Kurdish Syrian Democratic Forces that has been supported by the US.  The deal for a safe departure was made with the knowledge of the US-led coalition. The militants and mercenaries were transported deeper into Syria and to Turkey. -GEG




Australian Banks Freeze Accounts of Bitcoin Users

The Sydney Morning Herald reported that Bitcoin users across Australia are reporting that their accounts have been abruptly frozen by the country’s “Big Four” banks. Some users complain that the banks are describing their Bitcoin activities as a “security risk”. -GEG

Adding to the pressures on bitcoin early this morning, the Sydney Morning Herald reported that bitcoin users across Australia are reporting that their accounts have been abruptly frozen by the country’s “Big Four” banks. And while the banks have remained largely tight-lipped about the closures, many angry account-holders are jumping to conclusions and blaming the banks for punishing them because of their involvement with bitcoin.

Bitcoin investors are claiming Australia’s banks are freezing their accounts and transfers to cryptocurrency exchanges, with a viral tweet slamming the big four and an exchange platform putting a restriction on Australian deposits.

According to the Herald, cryptocurrency trader and Youtuber Alex Saunders called out National Australia Bank, ANZ, the Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Westpac Banking Corporation on Twitter for freezing customer accounts and transfers to four different bitcoin exchanges  – CoinJar, CoinSpot, CoinBase and BTC Markets.

In response, some users complained that their activities with the cryptocurrency had still been described as a “security risk” by their financial institutions.

While not every bank had explicit policies governing their relationship with cryptocurrencies, according to the Morning Herald, Commonwealth Bank’s June 2017 terms and conditions for CommBiz accounts specifically excludes this activity, saying it can refuse to process an international money transfer or an international cash management transaction “because the destination account previously has been connected to a fraud or an attempted fraudulent transaction or is an account used to facilitate payments to Bitcoins or similar virtual currency payment services”.

A Commonwealth Bank spokesman said it was receptive to innovation in alternative currencies and payment systems “however, we do not currently use or recommend any existing virtual currencies as we do not believe they have yet met a minimum standard of regulation, reliability, and reputation compared to other currencies that we offer to our customers”.

“Our customers can interact with these currencies as long as they comply with our terms and conditions and all relevant legal obligations,” he said.

One Twitter user, Michaela Juric, who is known on twitter as Bitcoin Babe, said she had business accounts closed by 30 banks and posted a picture of a letter from ANZ, saying it was closing her accounts effective 30 January 2018 in accordance with its terms and conditions.

Read full article here…




California Professor Calls for Smashing White Democracy

California: Professor Albert Ponce, a professor of political science at Diablo Valley College, the same place that employed philosophy professor, Eric Clanton, who hit a free- speech advocate over the head with a steel bike lock, was filmed giving a lecture advocating bringing down “white democracy” in America. The student who caught the lecture on video sent it to The Red Elephants who posted it on their new Facebook page, ‘Film Your Marxist Professors’, which alerts the public to communist propaganda that now is being taught to American youth. -GEG

Professor Albert Ponce, a professor of political science, was filmed giving the lecture. His words were uploaded to YouTube by a student who shared the video with The Red Elephants on the Facebook page “Film Your Marxist Professors.”

Ponce also expresses why it is necessary to stop people like MILO from speaking at colleges and other public venues, while complaining about the lack of free speech given to communist professors like Drexel University’s George Ciccariello, who infamously called for a “white genocide” on Twitter.

His Facebook page, which was shared by the student, shows his support for Black Lives Matter. He shared a link that denounced academic objectivity as a racialized issue used by racist white men to dismiss minorities and their perspectives, and has posted about “decolonizing” the academic fields of mathematics and physics, which he calls “oppressive.”

According to a student who shared the video, Ponce grades students who disagree with his political views poorly.

Read full article here…




Professor Who Asked for “White Genocide” for Christmas Last Year Resigns

George Ciccariello-Maher, a professor at Drexel University in Philadelphia, is resigning after continued public pressure over his Tweet last year wishing for “White Genocide” for Christmas. Since then, he criticized a man for giving up his first-class airline seat to a uniformed soldier, blamed the “white supremacist patriarchy” for the shooting in Las Vegas, and criticized liberals for not talking about who kills who. Now he is calling on tenured professors to ‘defend’ against white supremacists, and to help expand Antifa on campus.  [The most significant part of this story is that racist Ciccariello-Maher was not dismissed by Drexel.] -GEG

A Drexel University professor who asked for “White Genocide” for Christmas last year is finally resigning. George Ciccariello-Maher, now a former professor from Drexel, has a history of controversial tweets targeting conservatives and white people.

“All I want for Christmas is White Genocide,” he tweeted, followed up by, “To clarify: When the whites were massacred during the Haitian Revolution, that was a good thing indeed.”

 In addition to targeting white people and conservatives, Ciccariello-Maher has also made controversial posts about soldiers.

Ciccariello-Maher even went as far as blaming the “white supremacist patriarchy” for the Las Vegas shooting, going on to say that shootings are caused by white people and men who “don’t get what they want.”

Incredibly, Drexel University’s decision to put the professor on leave for the safety of their students was met with protests.

On Thursday, Ciccariello-Maher announced on Facebook that he would be resigning from his position at Drexel University after Dec. 31, 2017. Although Ciccariello-Maher has been on leave since last October, he is now resigning due to what he describes as harassment and death threats from “right-wing, white supremacist media outlets and internet mobs.”

Ciccariello-Maher compared himself to Marxist psychiatrist Frantz Fanon who fought colonization and was an inspiration for both Che Guevara and Malcolm X. Ciccariello-Maher is so committed to this analogy that he went on to write about how he was fighting “the same racist social structures.”

The soon-to-be-retired professor went on to claim that we are “at war” and that academia is on the “crucial front” of that war. Then, Ciccariello-Maher accused the Right wing of “targeting” campuses.

“This is why the Right is targeting campuses with thinly veiled provocations disguised as free speech. My case and many others show just how cynical such appeals are, and how little the Right cares about academic freedom,” he wrote in part.

Read full article here…